Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im done with blackberry.
i had an iphone prior to, but never worked properly since the day i bought it.

looking for something with those features, or more.
got my eyes set on a nokia n95 8gb from amazon.com

they're supposed to retail at $600+???
they have it for $399 and 12 left
it says its a u.s version, but seems cheap as 2 clicks of the mouse, and you see almost the same n95 8gb in black for over $400...
any help would be great. guidance/words of wisdom...??

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have had 2 different Sony Ericsson phones and for an all around phone I dont think they can be beat. Extremely durable.. cruisin the net....can debrand them very easlily if need be too. If you want a phone with a few bells and whistles.. They are tops in my book. If you want a portable office ... or da bling bling.. I would look elsewhere.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any models you'd recommend?
im prepared to pay upto $400
i dont need everything the iphone/bb/n95 has, but sometimes i find their features useful

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have heard that the Sony Ericsson C905 and W705 are both kick a$$. Scope out their website with what your looking for in a phone then cross reference that on ebay. Both those phones I listed are right in your price range. Good luck

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
I have a X7501 Athena. It is a LARGE phone but it's mostly a small computer with a phone inside it for 3G and wifi work.It also has built in GPS, and runs TomTom or any other GPS software. Mine runs a cooked version of WM6.1, but the regular ones just have the vanilla WM6-6.1. If you run business apps I highly recommend it, it runs the mobile versions of Office6 and I can write all my reports on it if necessary. It also runs web browsers that are capable of doing full WYSIWYG internet browsing, including Youtube, Twitter, and this site. I am always on here on my phone. Downsides are the the sheer size of it, it really needs a headset to function properly (it doesn't have an earpiece per se'- it has good speakers and you need to turn them down if you don't want others to hear your conversation) and the battery life is horrible, especially if the GPS unit is turned on. I usually just keep it plugged in in the car or when at home.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for the help guys

im with att (so lucky!)
so some arent available, but ill look at them all

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i was reading a few reviews and came across something i never knew before (or maybe its horse-shit?)
does the brand affect the reception at all?
twice ive read how the nokias have the best reception... is this true?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts