Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1071 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
My son on my ‘10 SE before i wrecked it on 8/25/19 and after i removed most of the broken parts. Will start repairing it after im out of a right arm sling and left arm cast
wasn't aware they made a special edition in 2010. what was different about it?
Not entirely sure about all the differences but for sure the paint/sticker setup. Some of the stickers were removed by previous owner but theres still one on the tank.

Looked up SE and found this

“For 2010, the 1000cc Ninja is available in only two color choices. The standard edition is painted in Metallic Spark Black and retails for $12,999. An extra $200 will buy the Special Edition (Lime Green/Pearl Stardust White) version of our test bike that also includes pinstriped wheels – it drew many positive comments during our rides. It ships with a green passenger seat; shown is the accessory seat cowl which costs $119.95.”

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
633 Posts
right on, here is my 2018 SE. it looked like an RR when it was purchased but now, idk but lots of things different over the normal R. shares the RR ECU and has the electronic suspension and marchesini wheels like the RR and a few other things but I have pretty much swapped out anything that could be changed without preventing me from putting it back to stock in less than a day.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
right on, here is my 2018 SE. it looked like an RR when it was purchased but now, idk but lots of things different over the normal R. shares the RR ECU and has the electronic suspension and marchesini wheels like the RR and a few other things but I have pretty much swapped out anything that could be changed without preventing me from putting it back to stock in less than a day.
Sick bike, i especially like that stunt bar and the green rear peg setup. The matte black and green accents is a similar setup to what mine will b after i get my repair/upgrades done. Gives me an idea to powdercoat mine lol the smokeshow on the bike is a nice touch too lmao

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
633 Posts
race rails from impaktech not stunt cage, the rails allow full lean angle. I would have to catch my peg enough that I would break it or lose traction before they actually touch the ground. the stunt cage has another portion that continues down lower on the bike and offers some pretty crazy protection but at the cost of much more weight and loss of lean angle. The rear pegs are cnc milled billet aluminum that impaktech also makes, they matched the powder coating for me for free so I went with it. the tips of the rear pegs have replaceable delrin sliders on them and a cross brace plus are majorly adjustable so a passenger doesn't have to get cramped legs if I have one ride with me. I have replaced most of the OEM plastic with carbon fiber which although cool is mostly so if I dump it I don't destroy the OEM stuff. and yeah I love the Puig double bubble in that neon green. Glad you like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
That carbon does look sexy. I think I am ready to add some real carbon parts to my old 2nd Gen. I cheaped out and bought carbon fiber vinyl to wrap the lower cowlings with lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
lots of carbon
Nice, ill hav to look up the rails and rear pegs. I wondered if rails were a hinderance in the twisties. And im plannin on doin MotoComposites.com 100% cf upper and large side fairings to replace my broken oems and get the bike goin again, then eventually swap out all my plastics for cf.

1021 - 1040 of 1071 Posts