Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 6' X 14' enclosed trailer for trackdays, camping, etc.

Lets see some inside pics of your setup. I need visual ideas for the lighting, toolboxes, tie downs, shelves, fold away bed, etc.

Inspire me, please.

Got this for a steal!

Thanks

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
I know a guy who put a checked floor in his and it looks sweet!.......easy to keep clean too.......he sweeps it out and take a mop to it once in a while and it looks like new!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I just put this cheap ass plastic flooring from Costco in this weekend...

I think I'm gonna next put a fuel container with a hand pump for easier refueling in the area in front of the trailer.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Cheap is good! That floor looks fine. I like the checkered look too.

What kind of ramp is that? I have the double doors in the rear also.

I may need to make a trip to Pitbull and see about that wheel choke. That would be nice to have.

I have plenty of 110vac lights. I'm going to look for some low wattage 12vdc lights to run off a spare battery.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts

I may need to make a trip to Pitbull and see about that wheel choke. That would be nice to have.

I have plenty of 110vac lights. I'm going to look for some low wattage 12vdc lights to run off a spare battery.
whats a wheel choke ??? LOL :heyyou:

those plastic things look good in there and like ya said its cheap and serves its purpose....

·
Registered
451 Posts

That reminds me, How bout some awesome 12V LEDS in there. Some of the brighter ones give off plenty of light and they draw very little current even for a whole row of them.

The ramp is a homemade contraption that is removable. And hinges on a rod I slide in at the base of the doors that I can remove if I want. When in place, the ramp folds up in the trailer, too. It's a good idea, but looks pretty hideous. :badteeth:

It's made with steel tubes, plates and angles from Home Depot and my cheap old hundred dollar wirefeed welder. 3/4" wood plywood for the flooring. When you don't have the money, you improvise.

Pitbull restraint system is OK. Mainly looks cool. Requires you to get the bike straight in to lock it down. But a good wheel chock is somewhat easier to use.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whats a wheel choke ??? LOL :heyyou:

those plastic things look good in there and like ya said its cheap and serves its purpose....
Alright. Trailer Restraint, or wheel chock is probably what your looking for. Some front wheel restraints are advertised as wheel chokes.:badteeth:

Now let's see what your trailer looks like. I'm sure you have one. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
451 Posts
I've been wanting one for a long time. I spent several nights in a tent at motocross races, while everyone else was all comfy in their trailers.

My turn.:wink:

I waited a couple months for one to turn up on craigslist. I met the guy and didn't get gang raped. So I feel pretty good about it.

Too bad the trailer smells.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
16' x 7' highx 8' wide double axel with ramp door. I use it mostly for my son's MX racing, but will use it for my track days as well

·
Registered
79 Posts
here is my setup:

next on the list is setting up a power box with solar charging to run my battery tenders, a compressor, and some more storage.

·
Registered
451 Posts
here is my setup:

next on the list is setting up a power box with solar charging to run my battery tenders, a compressor, and some more storage.
Drool...
Damn, you could live it that thing.

I purposely kept the size of the trailer small so I could pull it easily with a car. And store it in a garage if needed.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
^^^^ that looks awesome........I gotta get me another,.........I had to sell my 7x16 v-nose last year to help a family member!.........was getting ready to do just what you are TENN10.........make a mobile bike shop!.........here is what I had!....:(

Attachments

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I'm waiting for TIME so I can paint the walls white and coat the floor. With the chock I have it only requires two straps so from the time I fold down the ramp door to when its in, strapped down, and door closed/locked might be 2 minutes. :thumbsup:

The toolbox and drawers from top to bottom (again, still have alot more to get put in there) The pic was taken after the initial stocking of it, I've added stuff three times since.

Once I find my helmet bag the helmet will go in here as well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i assume 4 bolts in the floor pan and maybe some on the back are holding that tool chest down? or just the 4 bolts in the bottom?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
i assume 4 bolts in the floor pan and maybe some on the back are holding that tool chest down? or just the 4 bolts in the bottom?
4 bolts that run through the bottom of it to the bottom of the trailer floor underneath the trailer. Its even more stable than if it were sitting on my garage floor. You can see two bolts in the last pic - the other two are covered by the boots. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'm waiting for TIME so I can paint the walls white and coat the floor.
If you can afford it, you should spray the floor with rhino liner instead of painting/coating it.:wink: I've actually got the black rubber coin flooring in mine and like it pretty good as well!

·
Registered
648 Posts
r0guenj good choice on those wheel chocks! I have some very similar to the ones you have pictured in your trailer, and love them! A bit pricey but makes it so much easier to load and unload since i have no kick stand on my race bike! I'll try to take some pics of my 24 x 8.5 enclosed trailer for the guy wanting idea's. Also if you will go on www.thumpertalk.com and look under toy haulers, trailers, etc. section there are lots of pics of people's trailers with nice setups!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
If you can afford it, you should spray the floor with rhino liner instead of painting/coating it.:wink: I've actually got the black rubber coin flooring in mine and like it pretty good as well!
Buddy of mine did that and his is peeling up after exposure to gas/chemicals/bike stuff/kickstand chafing. I'm going to seal the floor to prevent rot then coat it with a Rhino-like finish thats non-skid.

Also, my chocks hold the bike straight up and down with no assistance much like the Condors and Baxleys. I ride my bike in, hop off, put the two straps on the rear pegs, ratchet them, done! Takes 2 minutes from the time I roll down the ramp door to the time I lock the ramp door. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts