Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im wanting to get a drag seat made for my zx10 but like to see pics of some of you'll guys drag seats on the zx10's. so if you got any pics of them purty seats feel free to pst em up :mrgreen:

·
Registered
842 Posts
60 and yours you can have mine

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
hey guys im wanting to get a drag seat made for my zx10 but like to see pics of some of you'll guys drag seats on the zx10's. so if you got any pics of them purty seats feel free to pst em up :mrgreen:
Do you want "purty" or what works or both? :dontknow:...if you want to know what works here is a guarantee no doubt about it fool proof cheap and effective seat. :wink:

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you want "purty" or what works or both? :dontknow:...if you want to know what works here is a guarantee no doubt about it fool proof cheap and effective seat. :wink:

hey bloo it doesnt have to look purty but needs to work. thats a stock seat you have right ? so you just removed the padding and covered it back up ?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
hey bloo it doesnt have to look purty but needs to work. thats a stock seat you have right ? so you just removed the padding and covered it back up ?

Yep...buy a used seat on ebay or here for $20 remove cushion or cut yourself to your liking.....I meet quickgix on this site for the 1st time ever a few years back and we both had the same setup...he was doing around 9.0s back then so I think it's good to go. :wink:

bloo

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Most cut down the stock seat. No sense spending money. Aren't any drag tail sections made for the 10r like the Zuks.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its a Catalyst seat...it was cheap, only like 90 or 100...
looks good man ! if i remember correctly they dont make them for the 1st gens but if im wrong somebody please correct me.

Yep...buy a used seat on ebay or here for $20 remove cushion or cut yourself to your liking.....I meet quickgix on this site for the 1st time ever a few years back and we both had the same setup...he was doing around 9.0s back then so I think it's good to go. :wink:

bloo
yea i got a second seat so i'll probly just cut down that one and mod it to my likings.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
i just use a t-shirt
fold it up and place it over the battery and wires
not sure if that was ment to be funny, but i did see a guy use a piece of thick cardboard wrapped in an old shirt.. zip tied down... i couldnt believe my eyes...

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Just to chime in since you have gen. 1 and I have the catalyst on gen 1.... its great. Love it, but I wouldn't put the sticky tape on it. I had some on there and it jacked my leathers up. Looks like I been scooting my butt down the strip like a dog with worms.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just to chime in since you have gen. 1 and I have the catalyst on gen 1.... its great. Love it, but I wouldn't put the sticky tape on it. I had some on there and it jacked my leathers up. Looks like I been scooting my butt down the strip like a dog with worms.
thx for the feedback and heads up :eek:ccasion1

here is my wife seat
thats a nice seat man ! is the sear carbon fiber ?

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey guys how are you'll covering the stock seats once you cut them down ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts