Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
POS fk'n thermostat! why my bike running hot!!! fk'n pos! ...

ok i am good :) found that it's the POS thermostat not doing it's job... wtf 08 and b***h is all not working.

takes 3 weeks to get one at any dealer shit i might just order offline and get it faster. i put everything back together 150 all day long . greatness... not 232 anymore... :thefinger

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
POS fk'n thermostat! why my bike running hot!!! fk'n pos! ...

ok i am good :) found that it's the POS thermostat not doing it's job... wtf 08 and b***h is all not working.

takes 3 weeks to get one at any dealer shit i might just order offline and get it faster. i put everything back together 150 all day long . greatness... not 232 anymore... :thefinger

What bike GEN III

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
yes sir. 08
Had to be a one off. I'm at 19,000+ miles no issues. Glad you got it fixed.

If it makes you feel any better a rock hit my radiator after about hmmmm 3 months of ownership. Had it fixed to the tune of $800+ I added a COX radiator guard after I got the bike fixed.

Glad you got it fixed bro:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i picked this bike up cheap cheap cheap. had to fix it basically no plastics or anything and lil workd had to be put in but got it all fixed up now.. 19k miles. damn daily huh? i got like 13k . but guy gave it to me with like 12k on it. i only put 1k on bike so far.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I have been playing with my heat issue for years...tried every type of coolant or wetter, replaced water pump many times but been avoiding the thermostat mainly because it's a pita to mess with on a first Gen but I feel that's next for me. :badteeth:

bloo

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
like 30 mins tops for the gen 3. i had to call my lil asian friend over cuz he got lil baby hands. i could not fit mine in there to get to the lil 8mm bolts for the housing.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
like 30 mins tops for the gen 3. i had to call my lil asian friend over cuz he got lil baby hands. i could not fit mine in there to get to the lil 8mm bolts for the housing.
not a Gen 1....everything is crammed around that sucker....then considering the parts you have to take out to get to it and the bleeding etc. I would bet even with all my special tools that can reach anything this will be an ALL DAY project. :badteeth:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
if u were closer i'd offer u my asian friend. :)
I believe you are saying 'assistance' :dontknow: but if so thanks anyway just need time and patience. When I take my bike apart I take my time to make sure it's done right so hence I know it won't be a rush job and a long day. :wink:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
very true. i am OCD. i mark bags with sharpie and put the bolts where they go. cuz first time did not do that and i put it back together and had a hand full left and was like???? why do i have left overs.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
very true. i am OCD. i mark bags with sharpie and put the bolts where they go. cuz first time did not do that and i put it back together and had a hand full left and was like???? why do i have left overs.
It's not about where parts go or anything like that I have taken my bike apart many times for special projects. The throttle bodies need to be removed for easy access and I will probably test the Original part by the manual and the replacement for piece of mind and knowledge that I am inserting a good part with a bad part. My bike has around 30k miles.:wink:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow 30k... nice...

i am looking at chaning color of mine now. something different. it's been stock blue , hot type r yellow, currently kandy red with gold flake..

i want to either wrap it with burberry vinyl and clear over it or glow in the dark wrap and clearcoat over it. just something different

1 - 13 of 13 Posts