Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now the big money raping from people craze is gluten free products. The majority dont even know what the shit is. :lol: Who cares?

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Well from what I understand there are two reasons.

Celiac Disease is one, there are people who just can't have gluten.

2. non gluten carbs are supposed to be slower to digest, you get less of a blood sugar spike, less insulin... so it's supposed to be good for diabetic types.

the price should come down as more people use the products but as with everything, people need to know what is going on

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
And there are a ton of people who have diseases and they can't eat anything that's not gluten free. It makes them really sick if they do, kind of like what milk does to people who are lack tos in tolerant.

·
The Pace
6,962 Posts
I think the medical condition is referred to as 'pussies'. I get the shits every time I eat taco bell. Doesn't mean I'm allergic to it.

On a serious ish note, I think the trend towards a sedentary society is making the human body less able to function. Physical exertion jump starts all the best bodily processes.
Yes, and just over eating crap that has a lotta sugar and salt and NOT enough protein.

Came across some ancient photos of riders of the 50's. Everyone one of those guys were mega lean and tight. Then looked a bunch of everyday photos of normal city people. Photos FROM the 70's, ALL of them looked lean, except for aged. Look at modern photos and only the cutting edge athletes are tight. Modern city males are soft, FAT HEADED. Women are mega butt and ugly!

Something is going on and the problem is that males are NOT maturing and looking fat and girlie.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Honestly, you guys seem like idiots, so i wont waste too much time on you, except rifleman an BP...my daughter has a gluten allergy, she gets very sick if she has gluten...gluten free products are very expensive, so yeah, even a company like progresso comes out with a bunch of gluten free stuff, I CARE!

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,369 Posts
Anyone know know if Starbucks Venti Mocha Lattes are Gluten free?
I couldn't find any info.

·
Registered
654 Posts
What's up with all these pu$$y's with peanut allergies??? I mean come one,,,if something like that makes you sick,,,,,you're just weak.

please note sarcasm

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
What's up with all these pu$'s with peanut allergies??? I mean come one,,,if something like that makes you sick,,,,,you're just weak.

please note sarcasm
I'm severely allergic to peanuts.

·
The Pace
6,962 Posts
gluten is protein. But if it makes ya sick, do NOT eat it! I mean, connect the dots!

And don't forget the marketing band wagon that loves profiteering upon sick people as ALL ill people desire to feel good and healthy. Mass hysteria is the point of 'critical mass' thinking where many just assume that gluten if NOT good, so become easy targets to needlessly spend money on non-gluten items that are NOT healthy.

Big money in ALL forms of illness on the mass scale.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
gluten is protein. But if it makes ya sick, do NOT eat it! I mean, connect the dots!

And don't forget the marketing band wagon that loves profiteering upon sick people as ALL ill people desire to feel good and healthy. Mass hysteria is the point of 'critical mass' thinking where many just assume that gluten if NOT good, so become easy targets to needlessly spend money on non-gluten items that are NOT healthy.

Big money in ALL forms of illness on the mass scale.
Totally agree with this Scout!:thumbsup:

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
Then I guess by the logic of some people you're just weak and should eat it if it tastes good. I for one would rather you avoid anaphylactic shock. Maybe I'm just a weirdo .
Fortunately, for myself and most people that are severely allergic to peanuts, they hold about as much appeal to me as a heap o' dung. From my point of view, can't understand why anyone would want to eat them. They're repulsive. Yeah, I know some folks love their peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. They can have 'em. I don't get the feeling that I'm "missing out" on anything - how could I be "missing out" on eating crap?

I do read ingredient labels a lot ...

Food allergies seem to have become more prevalent in recent years. I have a suspicion that the allergies have been there all along, but in the 1800's, or even through the first half of the 1900's, it wasn't unusual for small children to die. Those with severe allergies ... died. It was normal back then. BUT ... this is also how natural selection works. Those without the allergies survived.

But now ... there is an expectation and hope that all children will live, including those that are allergic to everything. Result ... more people who are allergic to everything! My generation is less than one generation removed from an era where infant mortality was more or less normal and expected. My dad had something like 9 brothers and sisters. IIRC only about half of them lived to adulthood and I think my dad is the only one left, bless his heart.

I know two people who are gluten intolerant, both are female (wives of good friends), one of them is also allergic to a lot of other things and the other one is vegan, which has its own set of issues. Fortunately, both of them love to cook and have found ways around these situations. We went to a vegan restaurant in Toronto for my buddy Jeff's birthday ... it was fantastic. Eat the right things and you are not missing out on anything at all - just have to be careful with the ingredients. I don't have the discipline to do it, though ...

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts