Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF are people doing that takes them so long to withdraw 10.00 bucks? My total time is about 1 minute from card insert to receipt rip. Yet, people are there for minutes typing away. Thoughts?

PS: this is for Bloo

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Ya no shit, get in, get your shit and get out.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
WTF are people doing that takes them so long to withdraw 10.00 bucks? My total time is about 1 minute from card insert to receipt rip. Yet, people are there for minutes typing away. Thoughts?

PS: this is for Bloo
Another Seinfeld :BangHead:

Ok I think you answered your own question because ATM machines only give out denominations fo $20 bills so the system his hanging up for 10min when they request $10 :idea::dontknow:

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
as frustrating as it is to me (firstworldproblems) its kinda like complaining about flying. omg there's a long line at the airport, but i'm about to fly at a few hundred miles an hour across the country. we get paid, moneys wired and i can access it at any number of hundreds of atm's in my area. meh. i mean, what rush are we in where we can't spare 2 extra minutes

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
There is a lot of times I'm sitting behind someone wondering if this is their first time seeing an ATM. And some ATM's allow $10 denominations.

Sent from HTC incredible with love!

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,369 Posts
This should answer your question:

MALE PROCEDURE:
1.Drive up to the cash machine.
2.Put down your car window.
3.Insert card into machine and enter PIN.
4.Enter amount of cash required and withdraw.
5.Retrieve card, cash and receipt.
6.Put window up.
7.Drive off.

FEMALE PROCEDURE:
1.Drive up to cash machine.
2.Reverse and back up the required amount to align car window with the machine.
3.Set parking brake, put the window down.
4.Find handbag, remove all contents on to passenger seat to locate card.
5.Tell person on cell phone you will call them back and hang up
6.Attempt to insert card into machine.
7.Open car door to allow easier access to machine due to its excessive distance from the car.
8.Insert card.
9.Re-insert card the right way.
10.Dig through handbag to find diary with your PIN written on the inside back page.
11.Enter PIN.
12.Press cancel and re-enter correct PIN.
13.Enter amount of cash required.
14.Check makeup in rear view mirror.
15.Retrieve cash and receipt.
16.Empty handbag again to locate wallet and place cash inside.
17.Write debit amount in check register and place receipt in back of checkbook.
18.Re-check makeup.
19.Drive forward 2 feet.
20.Reverse back to cash machine.
21.Retrieve card.
22.Re-empty hand bag, locate card holder, and place card into the slot provided.
23.Give dirty look to irate male driver waiting behind you.
24.Restart stalled engine and pull off.
25.Redial person on cell phone.
26.Drive for 2 to 3 miles.
27.Release Parking Brake.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Another Seinfeld :BangHead:

Ok I think you answered your own question because ATM machines only give out denominations fo $20 bills so the system his hanging up for 10min when they request $10 :idea::dontknow:
I think I can do 10.00 at my bank. Let me go to the local ATM.
It's been awhile now since Urban went to the bank I guess he's taking a long time too. :lol:

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This should answer your question:

MALE PROCEDURE:
1.Drive up to the cash machine.
2.Put down your car window.
3.Insert card into machine and enter PIN.
4.Enter amount of cash required and withdraw.
5.Retrieve card, cash and receipt.
6.Put window up.
7.Drive off.

FEMALE PROCEDURE:
1.Drive up to cash machine.
2.Reverse and back up the required amount to align car window with the machine.
3.Set parking brake, put the window down.
4.Find handbag, remove all contents on to passenger seat to locate card.
5.Tell person on cell phone you will call them back and hang up
6.Attempt to insert card into machine.
7.Open car door to allow easier access to machine due to its excessive distance from the car.
8.Insert card.
9.Re-insert card the right way.
10.Dig through handbag to find diary with your PIN written on the inside back page.
11.Enter PIN.
12.Press cancel and re-enter correct PIN.
13.Enter amount of cash required.
14.Check makeup in rear view mirror.
15.Retrieve cash and receipt.
16.Empty handbag again to locate wallet and place cash inside.
17.Write debit amount in check register and place receipt in back of checkbook.
18.Re-check makeup.
19.Drive forward 2 feet.
20.Reverse back to cash machine.
21.Retrieve card.
22.Re-empty hand bag, locate card holder, and place card into the slot provided.
23.Give dirty look to irate male driver waiting behind you.
24.Restart stalled engine and pull off.
25.Redial person on cell phone.
26.Drive for 2 to 3 miles.
27.Release Parking Brake.
lol. Don't forget a Facebook check, "at the bank."

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I ain't messing with you bro.:crackup:
No it's cool....does your ATM give $10 bills someone already said some do I just never heard of it.:dontknow:

and I agree with this thread I know I kid it really pisses me off with some people at the ATM I am super fast there, insert card...save time quick cash button $100 no receipt money comes out and I am out of there...others well very frustrating I have no idea what they are doing just that they are real slow with machines. :badteeth::dontknow:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Its no different than someone pulling up to McDonalds and not knowing. I thought at first it was nice that my grocery store put in self check outs, then I realized that people are generally idiots.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
It's even worse with self-checkout lines at the grocery store.

Some people just have trouble with technology ... my dad (86 yrs old) is one example. It doesn't help that his vision isn't what it used to be. Anything with technology freaks him out. Payment machines at restaurants get him every time. "What do I do now?" ... umm, the machine is asking you how much tip you want to give, so answer the question.

He goes into the bank, rather than using the ATM. He goes to the cashier, not the self-checkout line. He goes to a full-serve filling station (somehow he managed to find one! I don't even recall the last time I've seen such a thing) rather than using pay at the pump. And so on ...

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
Then there's the post office ...

My business is pretty much a one man show (me) and I ship packages all the time, so I'm in the post office every day. Jeeeeeezzzzz what a waste of time.

I know exactly what I want, the credit card is in my hand, I drop the package on the scale and hand the clerk the credit card - in and out. But the general public ...

Village idiot: "I need to send this."
Clerk: "What service would you like to use?"
VI: "With regular mail, how long will it take?" (by the way, there is a sign right behind the clerk that explains how long each service typically takes)
C: "3 or 4 days."
VI: "That's too long. What about express?"
C: "It'll be there before 10 AM tomorrow."
VI: "How much does it cost?"
C: "For this package - $27.80."
VI: "That's too much."
C: "Then we can use ExpressPost - it'll be there tomorrow before 5 pm. $10.80."
VI: "But I need it there tomorrow morning" - uh oh, here we go ...

And this is followed by an endless loop of "costs too much" and "takes too long" ...

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Some people make deposits at the ATM.
yep that takes a little time too....but I remember my account # have a Pen ready in fact sometimes even have the envelope already sealed but if not no matter it doesn't take a long time to deposit a check :wink:.....really there are some slow people out there...with that said maybe that's some of our problems we are in such a mad rush just living little things like this bother us :badteeth: :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts