Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this has been covered about 15 times today alone but this past weekend I installed a leo vince SLIPON on my 05 zx6r "no power commander" and it sounds great and is fine upper RPM's but from idle to about 4.5K RPM it feels like there is nothing there, i havent done the jumper mod yet and i think that has to do with top end anyway. Anyone got ideas? do i need to get it tuned or do i need a power commmander?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Jumper mod a must, and yes you may lose a little power under 4500 but nothing that should matter as it should still be pulling from idle no issues as it is a 600/636 so you wont be getting anymore power there.
Also did you put in the exhaust servo switch/mod?

If you get a PCIII i should have a map you can get way with using till you get your own.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Lost your bottom end with just a slip-on? I personally haven't even seen a F/S take away the bottom end, even un-mapped:dontknow:
What'd you say you had... Leo?

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I might be retarded but whats this 'jumper mod'. is there a post in the how to section?
Connect two wires to enable the Euro map. Only real difference is in a better top end. Instead of falling off it keeps climing all the way to Kawi's version of 16500 rpm. I'll be doing this on a buddy's bike here soon as well as adding an Area P slip on.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Connect two wires to enable the Euro map. Only real difference is in a better top end. Instead of falling off it keeps climing all the way to Kawi's version of 16500 rpm. I'll be doing this on a buddy's bike here soon as well as adding an Area P slip on.
What 2 wires at the ecu? I shouldn't need this done if I have a custom map power commander and full micron should I?

·
Registered
352 Posts
What 2 wires at the ecu? I shouldn't need this done if I have a custom map power commander and full micron should I?
On a 636 it's worth just a coupla ponies. On a 600 it's fasr more dramatic.
Your PC and exhaust do nothing for the ignition mapping, so the jump mod is seperate.

·
Registered
719 Posts
On a 636 it's worth just a coupla ponies. On a 600 it's fasr more dramatic.
Your PC and exhaust do nothing for the ignition mapping, so the jump mod is seperate.
So is the jump mod something you can do on say a 2001 zx6r? My buddy has my old bike and I should do it for him or tell him about it at least. Any more info?
His bike is not fuel injected just an )1 zx6r with a pipe and -1 front sprocket
:heyyou:

·
Registered
352 Posts
So is the jump mod something you can do on say a 2001 zx6r? My buddy has my old bike and I should do it for him or tell him about it at least. Any more info?
His bike is not fuel injected just an )1 zx6r with a pipe and -1 front sprocket
:heyyou:
Your buddy's bike being carbureted, doesn't have an ECU. He can install an ignition advancer if he wants, and jet the carbs like you have to do on all carb'd bikes.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jumper mod a must, and yes you may lose a little power under 4500 but nothing that should matter as it should still be pulling from idle no issues as it is a 600/636 so you wont be getting anymore power there.
Also did you put in the exhaust servo switch/mod?

If you get a PCIII i should have a map you can get way with using till you get your own.
Yea I put in the servo swith negator so there is no FI light, I did the jumper mod yesterday it felt better but only at about 6K and up, but that is where i need to be anyway because it doesnt have the balls from idle like the 10 does.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Prolly worth checking your AFR. If you went really lean (rich too, but no thinking it's likely with an A/M exhaust), you could lose. You did get rid of your exhaust valve, which on paper at least, is there to generate low and mid.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts