Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys i got done riding this weekend & noticed i was missing the heat shield that goes on the midpipe (vertical section) of the high mount Leo Vince. it was carbon fiber & i thought it looked really nice. now its ugly! lol my bike is an 04'

does anyone know or have any leads on acquiring a new/used one?

i called LeoVince & they dont have them available anymore, but instead referred me to some "universal" ones. does anyone have one they can measure for me? they have medium or small at 155mm or 110mm. it appears if the bolts dont line up, they have the Hose Clamps but that seems kinda janky. looking for your guys' expert opinions & what you would do. if i spend $55 on one i want it to be pretty awesome lol

http://www.leovinceusa.com/cart/search.php?Model=Heatshield&Make=PARTS&Year=0

am i making this harder than it is? what should i do?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same thing happened to me....

Yeah, first of all, pissed that my heel hit the vertical section of the pipe even at normal foot positions ( and I'm only 5'10.. with a size ten), and secondly that my pretty piece of cf also fell off in the first month or so.

Customer service sucked, so I homebrewed a spacer from the stocker midpipe to push the vertical section back enough to actually ride with the balls of your feet on the pegs, and then I just got a 3/4 inch wide al strip and bolted it (with loctite) inplace of the guard. Painted flat black, it blends, and the extra room means I can ride eithout even thinking about foot placement or a melted heel.

Pic upcoming, i got a A+A supercharger kit on the way and I promised I'd document the install.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
interesting, thanks for the info. i'm still up in the air about buying a universal one from leo vince. i swear $60 seems a bit steep for 5 inches of carbon fiber

1 - 4 of 4 Posts