Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
would it replace a pc3 or replace a ignition module.....im about to buy a ig module from dynojet before my bike is tuned....wonder if this would be a less expensive way to advance timing
im curious

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Not sure.
I was curious.
Seems to be another pc5/bazzaz type hardware.
I searched around online and couldn't find any reviews for it yet though.

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
hmm

doent seem to be to much interest lol
maybe we should take that as our answer on how good the product is......unless its just not getting the views (wrong category)

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Just email Leo Vince about it.

From what i understand it replaces the power commander and the ignition module
It lets you change both the fuel trims and the ignition timing.

Still a pig back.

It also has as option a lamba for the "autotune" and the sensor for quickshifter.
It also stores 3 maps which can be changed on the fly with the optional switch.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Put an offer today for one of these guys for super cheap, new in box.
Can't pass it up for the price.
I'll post back later.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Shipped today.
Picked it up for $100 shipped, hard to pass up considering they retail for over $400.
Already been in contact with the local bike dyno shop about getting a tune. From what I have read n seen, its a very simple hook-up. The ECU is capable of holding 3 separate maps n quickshift compatible. Cool thing is you can hook your laptop up n tune real-time on or off the dyno.
More to come.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Thank you.
I'm having a tough time locating a tuner who has experience with this system. Best I have so far is "if you have the software load up on a laptop to bring with you" That makes me nervous if they give me a crap tune they have an out, ya know?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
The LV2 arrived today.
Hoping to have the software installed this week and see whats up with it.
Out of the box it is very nice and quality shows like most LV products.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Ok. Set up the LV2 software on my windows xp desktop. Downloaded several maps from the leo vince website (the LV 2 holds 3 maps at a time).
The LV2 also came with 3 maps of its own, so i have a total of 9 maps right now. I loaded 3 onto the LV2. My friend was over checking it out and he said he's much higher quality than his PC3. The connections and wiring are very high quality and everything is plug and play right out of the box. I can tune the bike on the fly by connecting a laptop via supplied usb. Very trick set-up.
After toying around on the software for a bit I discovered I can basically tune the bike myself, with or without a dyno, on my desktop. The software is very user friendly and even lets you compare tq/hp/ignition/fuel tables from 2 maps at a time to see which produces the best numbers (obviously a dyno is needed for tp/hp #'s). My plan is, since my bike is torn down right now for the solo tail install, I'm going to install all the wiring for the LV2, minus the ECU, so I can do more research on tuning and what dyno I can rent for a few hours.
The Leo Vince fast shift sensor is also simple and high quality. It plugs directly into the LV2 ecu and engine-cut times can be adjusted within the fuel/ignition tables on the software.
As I said, its very simple to use.
Overall, i'm pretty impressed with the software, which retails from anywhere between $4-$500 , the fast shift sensor about $220 and the fast shift rod about $65. So far (the main reason for these purchases) I paid $100 for the LV2, $50 for the fast shift sensor and $35 for the fast shift rod. A huge savings on very high quality parts that will compliment my 10r quite nicely.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts