Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A fellow LEO was killed on duty, he leaves behind a couple small children, posted from our work website. :rip:

It is with great sadness that Chief Aguilar and I share with you the tragic news of the murder of Border Patrol Agent Robert Rosas. Agent Rosas, age 30, entered on duty with the U.S. Border Patrol on May 22, 2006, and was assigned to the Campo Station in the San Diego Sector.

On July 23, 2009, Agent Rosas was shot and killed by unidentified assailants near Campo, California, after responding to suspicious activity in an area notorious for alien and drug smuggling.

Early reports indicate that Agent Rosas exited his vehicle approximately 18 miles east of the Tecate Port of Entry, near the Shockey Truck Trail, a short distance from the border. Agents working nearby heard gun shots and tried to contact Agent Rosas. When he did not respond, his fellow Agents rushed to the area to locate him, and found his body on the ground near his vehicle.

At this time, it is unknown where the shots originated or the whereabouts of the assailants. An international effort involving the FBI, ICE, the San Diego Sheriff’s Office, the Government of Mexico, and other partners is underway to locate and bring to justice the perpetrators of this atrocious act.
Agent Rosas is survived by his wife, Rosalie; a son, Robert, age 2; a daughter, Kayla Alisa, 11 months; and other family members.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Border Patrol has setup a account and website to help out for the family, sad to see a 2 yr old and 11 month old grow up without a father.

9667.1 [URL="http://bpagentrosas.chipin.com/bp-agent-robert-rosas-family"]http://bpagentrosas.chipin.com/bp-agent-robert-rosas-family[/URL]
BP Agent R. Rosas

Border Patrol Agent Robert Wimer Rosas was tragically gunned down while on duty in the high desert mountains near Campo, California on July 23, 2009. "Junior" was a devoted family man who left behind his wife, two very young children, mother, sisters & brother, friends and his brothers and sisters of the USBP. Please keep Junior in your prayers and contribute to the preservation of his memory and for the future of his young children. Junior left behind his son of 2 years and daughter of 11 months.

Everyday throughout this country and around the world, men and women put on a uniform, wear a badge and many strap on a weapon and go to work. These men and women are not heroes for the jobs they do, they are heroes for their heroic actions and the sacrifices their families make. As Junior was sworn into office on October 2006, he took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic. Agent Rosas made the ultimate sacrifice and paid with his life in the performance of his duties. May God bless him and all his loved ones....
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif]or[/FONT]
Cabrillo Credit Union
Robert W. Rosas Memorial Account

Account Number 186716-02
www.cabrillocu.com
1-800-222-7455

·
Chairman of the Board
16,008 Posts
Sad news, may he rest in peace and his killers be brought to justice quickly. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, and to those who served the community with him.

:rip:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Very sad indeed, I hope those responsible are brought to justice. (although unlikely)

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
my thoughts and prayers go out to his family, and his fellow officers for thier loss. it is always a tragedy when a fellow officer losses his life in the line of duty. it is truly senseless...

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
:rip:This kind of shit sucks, but it comes with the job!!!
I just hope the family is doing alright!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts