Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am now at -1,+2 with my sprockets. I put a new chain on and lengthened the wheel base a bit from stock. I race this bike and before the sprocket and chain change had my suspension set up pretty well. Now with the longer wheel base (~1/2 of an inch longer) do I need to make any changes to my suspension. And if so what?

·
Registered
700 Posts
.5 inch will not effect it enough to notice unless its a track only bike the street conditions affect it more than a slight change in wheel base.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
You're going to be more stable at high speed corners but your turn in is going to be affected. I would get a new master link for a couple dollars, remove the old one and cut the length of the chain a link or two to shorten the wheel base back up. Or you can try giving the bike more rake by lifting the rear end a bit. That will give you a bit better turn in. But that's my opinion.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just doing some checking on the specs between the 08 and 06 10R and the wheelbase on the 08 is actually an inch longer than the 06 and and the rake/trail on the 08 is a degree more than the 06 and .3in longer, respectively. By the numbers the 08 should be a pig in the corners. The new Honda by comparison has shorter rake and trail numbers than either 06 or 08, but a longer wheel base than the 06 and bit shorter than the 08 10R. So I am going to leave my suspension alone since I seem to be in the right in the mix of geometry numbers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts