Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the page. On here for some quick legal advice or direction from the all the keyboard attorneys...
Bad News: Caught fleeing officers (don't know how the heck they got my tags down the undertail but they did).
Good News: Clean Record. Perhaps 2 minor 5-over infractions. 1 in car & 1 on bike.
Thankfully the officers, after the BS is put them through, we're surprisingly kind and respectful. I didn't give them any spit of trouble or disrespect before, during, or after I left the station to go home. Magistrate was aware of my previous clean slate, set the bail to 5000 or 10% so I was out of there in a heart beat. Bike came out of impound with no more than rain drops on it (a lucky break I guess). I know this was an asinine move on my behalf. Not a good way to rep the community :( I'm not sure if I was brainwashed from all the police negativity that floods the community or if I was just scared considering I had just got done damn near topping out the speedo (they said they clocked me at 130 and had to stop in order to get on the road and have any chance of getting up to speed).

Either way I'm headed to court in a few days and wanted to know if anyone has been or knows of anyone who's been in a similar situation and what the best case scenario could be???

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey man,
So I'm by no means a lawyer but my buddy got caught doing the same(in a car) and got an evading charge.
He ended up getting it dropped after some community service for his clean record.. hopefully you get the same!

Shit happens dude, I'm sure the majority of the people on this forum at some point dipped from the police after having a little bit too mcuh fun on the road.. imo it's worth the risk because typically if you're stopping after getting caught in the triple digits, you're gonna get fucked anyways

good luck

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have outrun several ford popo cars and suvs.. they are slow.. >:)

like tjg312 said if you get caught going triple digits your pretty fucked anyways.

Just invest in a good lawyer! Evading maybe a little different than mine. That maybe a felony. But with a clean record and a lawyer you will probably get it dismissed or lowered.

I got caught going 120mph by highway patrol motorcycle cop and ended doing a night in jail.. i pulled over soon as I seen him on the side of the highway pointing the radar at me and was not going to try to outrun the bmw motorcycle cop. He ended up giving me tickets for reckless driving, speeding, and impounded my bike. DA ended up doing a plea deal and getting it dismissed... had to take a drivers education course, fine of $700 plus court cost, and no tickets for 6 months.

Ended up costing me about $2500 after it was all said and done.. lawyer fees, impound fees, drivers course fees, court costs, and fines. Well worth it though for it to stay off your record.

Reactions: ddipaola

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
I would hire a good attorney and let them hash it out for you. I am not an attorney but deal with attorneys all the time. Being that it is most likely a misdemeanor I foresee a few scenarios, and a few options, but it will most likely be Community supervision (probation) with some days as restitution (CSR) and a maybe a fine. This is according to Texas law, so not knowing your state or local laws your mileage may vary as they say. It also benefits to get a good attorney who has a few of these under his/her belt as it were.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Hire a lawyer, it'll get dropped to some sorta non moving violation, you pay extra money, but record and insurance stays clean

·
Registered
710 Posts
You'll need a lawyer for the "buy in" into the legal process. Find one that does this for a living. Mine(excessive speed) cost me over $1k, but essentially it was driving school, and pay the fine.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,056 Posts
I would hire a good attorney and let them hash it out for you. I am not an attorney but deal with attorneys all the time. Being that it is most likely a misdemeanor I foresee a few scenarios, and a few options, but it will most likely be Community supervision (probation) with some days as restitution (CSR) and a maybe a fine. This is according to Texas law, so not knowing your state or local laws your mileage may vary as they say. It also benefits to get a good attorney who has a few of these under his/her belt as it were.
I would heed this good gentlemen's advice as he is in a position to know what he is talking about. Best of luck with the outcome though. I know I've done my fair share and more of knuckle-headed things on the street and got away with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
just as an afterthought since this happened so long ago. I got nailed with reckless wanton felony evasion in California some years back. got a 2 year state prison sentence for it. am a whole hell of a lot quicker to pull over now but have dipped a couple times since then. it can end your life if something goes wrong or worse kill someone else. that was why so severe a punishment even though no one got hurt and no one got into an accident.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts