Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did I put these on right? There is the letter T punched on one end of both links which I'm assuming means top? I looked at the pics of them installed on RR's bike and they clear no problem. The center of the adjuster, where the wrench goes to adjust it is hitting the bottom of my spring on the left side only. Anybody have insight other than putting a washer on the top and bottom to space it out?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Did I put these on right? There is the letter T punched on one end of both links which I'm assuming means top? I looked at the pics of them installed on RR's bike and they clear no problem. The center of the adjuster, where the wrench goes to adjust it is hitting the bottom of my spring on the left side only. Anybody have insight other than putting a washer on the top and bottom to space it out?
what size wrench do you have to use for the tightening. basically what size diameter is the main body looks about 3/4 we put those on my buddies bike and had to shim them but they were a bit dif in look and it was the body that hit

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I don't believe it matters if the T is on top or bottom honestly. Best I remember the T is up on mine. I didn't lower mine the full 3 inches, I only dropped about an inch but I don't have any clearance problems anywhere.

Give Naarden a call. Leave a message if you have to, they are good about calling you back.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called Naarden this morning and left a message and also sent them an email. I want to know if I did something wrong before I go racing on sunday. Maybe they should be on the opposite sides?

One other question, what is the length of the link when the bike is lowered the full 3"? I don't want to go past that point and have the link come apart when I'm at the big end of the track.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
That I don't know man. I fiddled with them before I put them on but its been too long ago now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts