Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

bought the bike with the left side mirror loose.. what's the best way to get this fixed? anyone had the same issue before?

not major play, but little, and it vibrate while on uneven roads.

thanks
maX

·
Registered
755 Posts
My right hand one on the 09 is doing it too.. And its farkin shittin me!
Was gunna see if i could get it replaced at the dealership uder warrantee but i doubt they will do it:rolleyes:

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
any reviews/opinion on Pig Spotter Mirrors?
I can only speak for the fitment on the 1st gen but they sucked when i first tried a set on mine. I probably just need to tinker with the base/mounts a bit because I kept getting gaps around the mirrors where they set up against the fairings.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can only speak for the fitment on the 1st gen but they sucked when i first tried a set on mine. I probably just need to tinker with the base/mounts a bit because I kept getting gaps around the mirrors where they set up against the fairings.
there are couple of different shapes.. which ones u got?

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
there are couple of different shapes.. which ones u got?
I have the 1st gen of the mirrors just like the ones in the pic of the orange 04' the mirrors and base mounts are universal. I just couldn't get them to lay flat on the fairings and look even halfway decent because the middle and upper sides come together at a seam right there where the mirrors mount. I still them set back in the closet and may try again but I'm running the bar end mirrors now and love em'!!

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
First ditch the stock mirrors. If anyone in this thread needs any I have two sets along with a set of cbr1krr 07' mirrors that work to. Pick up shipping and throw me money, there yours!

But I say ditch the mirrors all together, throw on a bar end and call it that. Mirrors are a bad habit and you put to much trust in them when you have them.

ps pig mirrors are pointless and a waste of money in my mind. you better chrome the hole bike too

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
I have a pair of Pig Spotter v2 mirrors on my Gen2 and like them . Remember, they are non adjustable so if you do get them, have a buddy hold one while you sit on the bike and try different locations before mounting. The V2's have a nice rubber base unlike the v1s so gaps are nonexistent for me and I put them exactly where the stock mirror base was. You can put block off plates in original mirror location and put the PS's anywhere though. The V2s have 4 orange LED lights on the outside that match my stock front turn signal color perfectly and I have them wired as blinkers. Can make them blink or tap into headlight wires and make them running lights if you want. Now they even have a choice of colors for the lights.
Also what I like is the little red ring aroung the lens, actually is behind lens, that glows when the turn signal is active. Kinda like a reminder to turn off your blinker. It's very subtle, not distracting bright.
I recommend getting the non painted ones as the plastic is really cool looking and smooth and matvhes the black frame on my gen2. Has that light specle of silver in them. Very faint and nice lookin. For $100 shipped with a free set of headlight bulbs(useable obes not total crap), the improvement in appearance and aerodynamics make it worth it to me. I've had cops many times sitting right next to me at red lights and just give me a quick once over but never pull me over. Had em now about 14 months.
Really improve the looks and only downside is you CAN NOT SEE DIRECTLY BEHIND YOU IF MOUNTED IN STOCK LOCATION! But, the typical blindspot to the left or right of rear tire is eliminated. Like I said, just choose your mounting location wisely since they are non adjustable once mounted.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Here's a pic before I put on the Zero Gravity Corsa windscreen. I always get compliments on how much more sleek the front of the bike looks with the mirrors.My HTC phone makes pics HUGE, sorry.

Attachments

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
HTC phone pics are HUUUGE. But, here's a dead on front shot. Much sleeker than mirrors with stalks and not in the way like some bar end mirrors.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts