Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s going on my fellow rippers! New member here. On my second 10 now, upgraded from a 2010.

I’ve never really messed with electrical so cut me some slack lol.

I’m wanting to upgrade my headlight bulbs to LEDs and just wondering if anybody has any input from personal experience. Looking for something of quality with longevity that plugs right up. Price isn’t an issue when it comes to my bikes so I’m not interested in some eBay HIDs.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
To be honest this topic has had a hammering lately, maybe using search would give you moor information because not many folks are likely to chip in with this one again for a while.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,367 Posts
Michael4012 is correct. It's been discussed before. You should forget about the idea. LED bulbs in a reflector housing not designed for them will scatter the light and piss off on-coming vehicles at night. There are some slim versions of the heatsink that may fit under the housing seal covers, but they are not common which would mean you'd have to cut a large hole in the cover exposing the housing to water, bugs, and debris just to fit the LEDs.

If money isn't an issue, you should buy several sets of the Sylvania SilverStar bulbs and change them out if they fail. Or get a couple sets of HID bulbs even from eBay. I have no idea why people are obsessed with LEDs for the headlights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts