Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so here is another stupid post by by asking and another stupid question and wanting your opinions. I can't make up my mind on getting a leather or textile jacket. I had a leather and a textile and I love the feel and comfort of a leather but in the summertime here in cal it gets too damn hot for a leather. I dont perticurcly like the look of textiles but they do feel better in the summer. I am looking at getting wither the leather or textile Alpinestars stunt jacket(not the stunt2) in black/green.here are some pics the smaller one that has more green and less white is the leather.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Call Vanson and ask that question. I did and the guy sorta tore me new one.

Honestly, textile is better than just wearing street clothing, but you need someone elses hide between you and the elements. If you want cool, go with the deeply discounted Vanson Hurricane. They're almost giving them away right now.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Get both:idea: I have a textile and will purchase a leather shortly. I like the textile for the same reason, but want the leather for the added protection. When it's just to damn hot textile and say at night I will put the leather on.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mjg68901 said:
Get both:idea: I have a textile and will purchase a leather shortly. I like the textile for the same reason, but want the leather for the added protection. When it's just to damn hot textile and say at night I will put the leather on.
:+1: I thought about doing this. only problem is I really like these jackets and I dont know 1)if I can still get one 2) how much longer I will be able to get them. I have been looking for a darker green black jacket like these for some time now. I like the way Astars fit me so I want these.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Not sure if they make them in green, but I got a Cortech/Tourmaster GX-Air textile and absolutely love it. Great price and very high end quality material.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mjg68901 said:
Not sure if they make them in green, but I got a Cortech/Tourmaster GX-Air textile and absolutely love it. Great price and very high end quality material.
is that the one with leather? I saw that one the gx air w/leather online went to to the store to try it on they didnt have it so I held off then came on here and finally found my green one

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Actually yes it is. Leather elbows-foremans, shoulders, and back. Here are a couple quick pics of mine. Don't mind the bugs on the shoulders, yep still from last year:throwup:
View attachment 28642

View attachment 28643

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep thats the one I was gonna get but now that I saw those astars I gotta get those. My rims will be almost that same green so it will match :bling:

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
I have a Firstgear textile with leather in the forearms and back. It's a great jacket, but I don't think they make it anymore. I also had the salesperson put in hard armor in the shoulder and elbow pads, which is an added protection. But I still think a good quality perforated leather jacket will be a much better decision. I only wear the textile jacket in late summer when it's much hotter. And even then, I'll wear my full leathers (perforated) if I'm on a spirited ride on the back roads.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,725 Posts
shenanigans said:
Ok guys so here is another stupid post by by asking and another stupid question and wanting your opinions. I can't make up my mind on getting a leather or textile jacket. I had a leather and a textile and I love the feel and comfort of a leather but in the summertime here in cal it gets too damn hot for a leather. I dont perticurcly like the look of textiles but they do feel better in the summer. I am looking at getting wither the leather or textile Alpinestars stunt jacket(not the stunt2) in black/green.here are some pics the smaller one that has more green and less white is the leather.

Go right now to dennis kirk outlet store they have those very jackets on clearance for awesome prices, the textile is like 40$ and the leather is like 135$, the green is not Kawi Green or I would have snatched them both up.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
textile is a good jacket. wont protect you quite like leather will, but i feel you on the heat issue. i live in redding, summer days usually 105+. textile is the way to go for the summer. i've got a mesh joe rocket i wear when its hot, and text would be even better than that as far as protection. you just gotta keep in mind what you're wearing when you try to be ricky racer. if i know i'm gonna be goin up some crazy road, i wear the leather no matter the heat.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,725 Posts
Oh and if you want the most kick ass summer jacket there is get an Icon Ti-max mesh like the one I have on in my signature, the most kick ass jacket you will find!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
9R to 10R said:
Go right now to dennis kirk outlet store they have those very jackets on clearance for awesome prices, the textile is like 40$ and the leather is like 135$, the green is not Kawi Green or I would have snatched them both up.
1)where is dennis kirk at 2) ya I dont want the kawi green my bike is black and my wheels are a very similar green so thats why I want it thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok nevermind that was no help I looked online. and they have the textile one in an xsmall(I need a xxl) and the leather in a 36 but not even a green one. damn I would have gotten both right now if they had my size

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Perf leather , worked alright for me in Florida , my breeze jacket had a removeable waterproof liner and good armour, but without the liner it was too uncomfortable.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts