Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed a fork seal on a ZX-9R? I have a 1999 and just realized the right fork seal has started to leak. Just looking for some advice or suggestions on the repair, as I would like to attempt it myself. Thanks in advance.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Has anyone changed a fork seal on a ZX-9R? I have a 1999 and just realized the right fork seal has started to leak. Just looking for some advice or suggestions on the repair, as I would like to attempt it myself. Thanks in advance.
I did it on my 99 ZX9R, what I did is order the tool that the manual states is needed and even gives a part #. It's been so long so can't give a how to or anything but If I remember right there are 2 or 3 seals that you can replace at that time to be safe. I ordered my parts from one of the wholesale #s you see on the back of US mags and saved allot of money that way...the tool didn't cost much, I believe around $30 or cheaper.

All in all it was real easy and should be strait forward if you have the manual.

bloo

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I do have the service manual. I looked through it pretty quick, I'll have to go though it in more depth before I dig into the job. Its good to know it can be done. :eek:ccasion1

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I do have the service manual. I looked through it pretty quick, I'll have to go though it in more depth before I dig into the job. Its good to know it can be done. :eek:ccasion1
no problem...yeah take your time and look at the schematic you will see the seals you can replace for cheap and have peace of mind it's done right :eek:ccasion1

ps, I forgot I did have the Motion Pro fork seal driver at the time so that's another thing you may need to get but some make home made ones out of PVC tubing I believe.

bloo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts