Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Currently Clueless
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll I am looking at maybe upgrading my tv. Keep catching crap from the G/F about my tv being old. I was looking at maybe picking up a Westinghouse. Are they any good?

Westinghouse - 37" Flat-Panel LCD HDTV LTV-37w2
1366 x 768 resolution; HDMI-HDCP input; black/silver cabinet; 16:9 aspect ratio

Thanks for the advice and help. Slim

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well, my son got this one six weeks ago and so far its been nice. Westinghouse 42" Flat-Panel LCD HD Monitor Model: W4207. He first bought a 42" plasma but took it back the next day for this one. You can notice a little bluring (not sure what to call it) during fast moving images but I think that is normal for a LCD. Hope that helps a little.

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
Slims10R said:
Hey ya'll I am looking at maybe upgrading my tv. Keep catching crap from the G/F about my tv being old. I was looking at maybe picking up a Westinghouse. Are they any good?

Maybe you should give her crap about the girlfriend being old.:lol:
I like the Sharp, Panasonics and some of the LG's. check out the link and do a LCD tv search.
www.gizmodo.com

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
budgual said:
You can notice a little bluring (not sure what to call it) during fast moving images but I think that is normal for a LCD.
Ghosting.

·
Currently Clueless
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
valskater said:
Maybe you should give her crap about the girlfriend being old.:lol:
Well I could try but shes only 25 and I am 32 so I imagine I would catch the being old part more.:lol:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
make sure its progressive scan, widescreen. and if the cable company starts broadcasting 1080p then your tv would again then, be out of date! :wink:

·
Registered
274 Posts

make sure you have more than one hdtv/hdmi ports also. I have a panasonic which I do love but it lacks additional ports. I believe new models do.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Westinghouse is a piece of ....! Don't buy it. I work with LCD/Plasma TV's. You get what you pay for. Don't buy it off the Internet, way too many scams going (B-stock, line rejects, etc.), unless the manufacturer lists the dealer as an authorized outlet.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Slims10R said:

I bought that exact TV a few weeks ago. I did tons of research and it seems this tv is the best bang for your buck. Also asked others about it that weree also looking. We seemed to come to the same basic conclusion. That specific TV seems to be the best thing going at the moment. Best buy had them for $999 a coupoe weeks ago. They went back to $1200 sicne then though.

It's native support is 720P, but it can display 1080i(I think it looks better in its native 720P though). I saw other TV's displaying 1080P and I couldn't tell the difference. I couldn't care less about keeping up with the jones's stuff.

I use it with my XBox 360 in 720P. Its quite amazing.

·
Registered
764 Posts
If you are looking for a budget LCD and the best bang for the buck, consider the Vizio panels. Add the Costco customer satisfaction policy and you have an unbeatable combination.

If you want to spend a bit more and get a quality panel, I would suggest the Sharp Aquious line.

But other than that, I'm a plasma guy and love my Pioneer Elite.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
ZX10 Guy said:
If you are looking for a budget LCD and the best bang for the buck, consider the Vizio panels. Add the Costco customer satisfaction policy and you have an unbeatable combination.

If you want to spend a bit more and get a quality panel, I would suggest the Sharp Aquious line.

But other than that, I'm a plasma guy and love my Pioneer Elite.
thats me all over, vizio 37" FP lcd HDTV ..........well soon i hope. :mrgreen:

BD

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wait for Laser TV?....

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20556847-2,00.html

"If you look at any screen today, the colour content is roughly about 30-35 per cent of what the eye can see,” he said.

“But for the very first time with a laser TV we'll be able to see 90 per cent of what the eye can see."

Do a quick search (laser TV) on this new technology and maybe wait a bit to buy anything...if that claim above is true...then it may be worth it...
Apparently they are going to be cheaper than current LCD and Plasma

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
wow

·
Registered
735 Posts
If your looking for the best bang for the buck, a DLP projection is the way to go. I know its alot bigger but I have a Mitsubishi 62" DLP 1080p and it is amazing. When I went to buy It I was set on getting an LCD or Plasma untill I looked at all them side by side. In HD, they all looked the same to me. The LCD and Plasma looked a tiny but better in non HD, but in a few years everything will be HD anyways so it doesnt matter. Just to compare my 62" DLP was about $3400 and a Plasma or LCD for that price would only get me about a 42"-50" name brand, sorry no Westinghouse bull shit for me. Another thing to remember is LCD's and Plasma TV's cost more for warranty's and when they do go bad, there is no fixing them, you pretty much just have to buy a new one. You can leave a video game paused for 10 years on a DLP untill the bulb blows and replace it for $400 and it would look exactly the same as the day you bought it. If you did that with an LCD or a Plasma, it would burn into the screen. Also, The warranty for my 30" LCD computer monitior was $300 for 3 years. My warranty for my 62" DLP was only $400 for 5 years and thats twice the size, I couldnt imagine how much they would rape you for a big LCD warranty.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
i remember the thread i made about the whole tv discussion... damn that was crazy... i just know that when the time comes, whatever is in my budget is wat ima get.... if something happens 2 it even with a warranty ima throw it thru the store window....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts