Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Bobster said:
I cant wait to bust up some of those r1s and gixxers. Their were some out last night but of course they are stretched and lowered so they get a dam good hole shot.
What kind of times were they running ??

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
GARSZX10R said:
What kind of times were they running ??
They were running 6.6 - 6.8 average. For being stretched and slammed, I wasent that impressed.... oh and, I can see no way to keep the power and the wheel down with a 15T, it will definately flip. I have to be careful with the 17T, cant imagine a 15T. Ive got the Akra slip on and PC3 and will have the headgasket done before the next meet. But I will have a 16T on her next time.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Bobster said:
They were running 6.6 - 6.8 average. For being stretched and slammed, I wasent that impressed.... oh and, I can see no way to keep the power and the wheel down with a 15T, it will definately flip. I have to be careful with the 17T, cant imagine a 15T. Ive got the Akra slip on and PC3 and will have the headgasket done before the next meet. But I will have a 16T on her next time.
Thats why I said launch at 3k and work the clutch. You need to be on a 3"kit with the front strapped all the way. Then it will only come up if you dunp the clutch, don't do that. :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
I tried to do some launching the other night and to see if I need to put my stock gear back in. Running 16t now. After my mods Its hard for me to get a hole shot. I'm sure if I strapped the front it be better but not going to do that for street riding. I can get one good run out of 4. Don't know if its me or I need to go back to stock gearing just way to high. And clutches are expensive too.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
The strap is removable. Buy the strap and brackets from schnitz racing. It's well worth the money.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Just to give you a heads up, I can change my bike from street to strip in about an hour or maybe a little longer. That is lowering the rear with the adj. dogbone, strapping the front (the brackets stay on) and changing the gearing. It's really very easy and helps a lot withe wheelies. I believe that I will pull the forks up per Gars advice to see if that helps. I use a 15T front and the wheelies are easy to modulate with the throttle, it won't flip unless you are trying to make it.
Have you seen the new issue of CycleWorld, Gadson put a pretty much stock lowered R6 in the nines and the ZX6R to a 10.03. Man he makes me feel bad. I guess thats why he was getting paid.:beer:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I have a 16t front/ 41t rear and I am at 4500'. I had the bike up to 173 and it was still pulling, but I had to back out because cars come up real quick at that speed.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts