Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode a 2006 zx10r, I really liked the bike, rough power, good handeling, comfort was ok, but I had to sell it. I just bought an 03 busa, its a good bike as well, snooth power delivery, very comfortable, handeling isnt as good as on 10 but its ok. Okay, but the thing that surprised me was the ease to launch it. The busa launches much easier than 10r. I was very surprised to see that, I always thought that heavier bikes are harder to lauch, is it the torque thats doing this??:rolleyes:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gearing is different, bike is like 4" longer from the factory and yes torque.
yeah gearing is definately different, busa can do about 80 in 1st, the 10r did 104, but I had -1,+2 on it, so my 10 did about 65mph in 1st, I guess the torque and the wheel base are the major factors

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh i see, so stock vs stock busa will take zx10 from a dig?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
It will be based on the rider.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
same ridering skills

·
Registered
680 Posts
same ridering skills
Sweet bike, I sold my 03 AE and have nothing but respect for the bikes. I like the Gen 1 as far as looks go but thr brakes suck major azz.

Stock for stock it should be an interesting race. The busa is easier to launch but a gen 1 is rolling with the same power plus 100lbs. I'd put my money on the 10 assuming same rider skills.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
the busa is longer and lower like he said and dont come up as easy but becareful the 10's will walk you down a little on the big end

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I walk some busa's depending on mods they have, but truthfully most of the time I have them from 0-180mph then right after that I'll see them slowly pull away. I have beaten a couple busa's, beaten more zx14r's if anything out of those two.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
very interesting, gotta try to race against 10 sometime

·
5,932 Posts
yeah thats from a dead stop, I have been riding for years though, so no fresh squid out a couple years on his first 1000 will pull a busa and thats about 95%, in less you have a lot of mods then who knows. But the zx10r will beat a busa or zx14r from 0-180mph any day of the week if your not a novice , what kills us 1000's are when we get there we top out most of the time, and slowly a busa or zx14r goes by haha. But I changed out my sprockets a couple times and went +2,-1 and stayed close after 180 or so, but my bike tops out at 192-194 with that gearing

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah thats from a dead stop, I have been riding for years though, so no fresh squid out a couple years on his first 1000 will pull a busa and thats about 95%, in less you have a lot of mods then who knows. But the zx10r will beat a busa or zx14r from 0-180mph any day of the week if your not a novice , what kills us 1000's are when we get there we top out most of the time, and slowly a busa or zx14r goes by haha. But I changed out my sprockets a couple times and went +2,-1 and stayed close after 180 or so, but my bike tops out at 192-194 with that gearing
but it will accelerate slower right?

·
5,932 Posts
yeah my 10 def. felt boggy a little with that gearing below 6000rpms but up top it felt like my gear would never end, feels very long. Hard to explain.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
why does that surprise you? thats what the bus is built for.

·
5,932 Posts
I'm always open, you can pick between my 09zx10r or 03 cbr954rr at my boys house right now, always down for a little chase.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts