Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,im track racing my bike,and i m having a hard time getting a good start with the bike.i might qualify 4th,and at the start i might loose 2-3 places,i either bog it or wheely off the line.is there a way to learn how to have a decent start,without launching the bike into orbit?scares me every time.btw bear in mind that the bike is stock wheelbase,lowered 10mm at the front and lifted 10mm at the back.thanx

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
i'd say hold her around 8k and slip the clutch a good bit slowly get to WOT front will lift but not too much depending on how much you slip the clutch or how long you ride it. This is just what i typically do and im also SWB and height

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
^ :+1: 1st gear, the bike will wheelie if you get close to WOT, so that will be unavoidable. If you have a local drag strip, get out there and practice your launches. Itll get you more time to actually practice than once every start of a race.

·
Registered
259 Posts
x2

find ur local dragstrip...and see what u do on paper then go from there with seating position, suspension, style/rpm, etc...

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx,will give it a go and see how it goes.i think its better to slip yhe clutch that shut the throttle,makes the bike feel more stable to me.hope i ll still have a mint zx by next week:helmet:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Thanx,will give it a go and see how it goes.i think its better to slip yhe clutch that shut the throttle,makes the bike feel more stable to me.hope i ll still have a mint zx by next week:helmet:
bhahaha dont say that man...just take your time with it...do some soft launches at lower rpms and work your way up...:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
bhahaha dont say that man...just take your time with it...do some soft launches at lower rpms and work your way up...:eek:ccasion1
:+1:work your way up. Dont rush into it and hurt yourself or the bike.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
control the power with the clutch and not the throttle, get some practice, start low and work your way up, going straight is easy................. that's what everybody else says lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts