Ramp starr vehicle speed
Hold time
Max ramp rpm

Thanks

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
Launch Delay: This is the amount of time the clutch has to be pulled in before the launch control kicks in
Launch RPM: This is the RPM the engine is limited to when ready to launch with the clutch in
Hold Time: This setting allows you to set a short time period where the launch RPM will be maintained after the clutch is out
Ramp Time: This is the amount of time for the engine to go from the Launch RPM to Max RPM RPM
Max Ramp RPM: This is the Max RPM that the launch control will control the engine to, it is used in the Ramp RPM calculation
Ramp Start Vehicle Speed: We had some issues with the first version with some of the riders who like to ride the clutch on the line, if the clutch is setup so the pick up point is outside of the clutch switching point the RPM Ramp was starting early, so the Ramp Start Vehicle Speed allows you to set when the RPM Ramp should start, this allows you to launch the bike on the Launch RPM and when the speed reaches this speed the RPM Ramp will start.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
I guess I will have to start experimenting.

I'm not familiar with the Woolich stuff. Isn't there a base setting to start with? Or are you looking for starting settings?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Off :crackup:

No turning it OFF in the Woolich Launch Control system, which works perfect on my bike. You just choose to use it or not.

Any one thinking they are beating me thru an intersection at a stop sign or traffic light is sadly mistaken. :thefinger_red:

Like being launched out of a cannon and you better be hanging on tight with the "full death grip" when the ramp speed releases at full throttle. :crackup:

Hold the throttle wide open, dump the clutch and hang on and the electronics handle it, for a bit, a very short bit, then you better be waiting for the flip over to occur so most people just feather the clutch which defeats the purpose. :badteeth:

Dump it!!!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
No turning it OFF in the Woolich Launch Control system, which works perfect on my bike. You just choose to use it or not.

Any one thinking they are beating me thru an intersection at a stop sign or traffic light is sadly mistaken. :thefinger_red:

Like being launched out of a cannon and you better be hanging on tight with the "full death grip" when the ramp speed releases at full throttle. :crackup:

Hold the throttle wide open, dump the clutch and hang on and the electronics handle it, for a bit, a very short bit, then you better be waiting for the flip over to occur so most people just feather the clutch which defeats the purpose. :badteeth:

Dump it!!!
Meh, I regularly stomped guys using LC last year off the line. 2-3 bike lengths worth before turn one. I'm better without it. If you were closer
I'd take that bet.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Let's see your launch control and TC settings :)

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tomorrow I will test the dump the clutch thing and see how it works

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
576 Posts
I've been using the Woolich LC on my 2013 all season so far and it has done me well so far. I have to say, the more I use it, the more I trust it and the better my starts are. (this being in comparison to others on the grid)

I'd like to take the time to go to the strip to work on it some more and actually tune it, but I haven't. I'm using the settings as they came.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
The LC is nice. Doing drag nights (puke) are a good easy (legal) way to test. Especially if you have a log box. You can monitor your times with the slips you get at the end of the run which is good, but you can also go back and look at the data in data viewer in Woolich. "Oh I made this change to the hold time parameter and I did 0-80 in 3.7 seconds as opposed to 4.0 last time". You get an idea of the changes you make and how they are positively or negatively effecting your launches. Come next time to grid up, you've got it dialed in and can easily make up 4-5 spots.
Do you have any recommendations on settings besides baseline? Is there a easy way to activate it? I just don't want to mess up at the start like Nike did just trying to get it to activate.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Do you have any recommendations on settings besides baseline? Is there a easy way to activate it? I just don't want to mess up at the start like Nike did just trying to get it to activate.
This is the problem with most Track guys by that I mean competition on a Road Course most stay away from the Drag Strip it's beneath some of them to try so Like Archer said even though he is not a track guy that's how your going to get faster and why most drag racers know they will have no problem launching against Track guys, so just guessing they just don't take the time to do test and tune days at the drag strip like the Drag Racers do.

If you really want to get fast at the starts it's going to take a TON of time perfecting launches it's not like some would like to think just open a Throttle :badteeth: when I was a young lad use to win many racers on the street but when I first went to a drag strip and a Road Course I got a dose of reality not that easy. :badteeth:

Bottom line do what Archer said no one can give you settings you need to take the time in a controlled environment to see what works best. :wink:

PS...For the member that said this thread needs cleaning my fault as well so I will clean it up.

Bloo

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Can someone give a "explain like I am 5" explanation of the "Ramp Start Vehicle Speed" setting.
Launch Delay: This is the amount of time the clutch has to be pulled in before the launch control kicks in.

Launch RPM: This is the RPM the engine is limited to when ready to launch with the clutch in.

Hold Time: This setting allows you to set a short time period where the launch RPM will be maintained after the clutch is out.

Ramp Time: This is the amount of time for the engine to go from the Launch RPM to Max RPM RPM.

Map Ramp RPM: This is the Max RPM that the launch control will control the engine to, it is used in the Ramp RPM calculation.

Ramp Start Vehicle Speed: Ramp Start Vehicle Speed allows you to set when the RPM Ramp should start, this allows you to launch the bike on the Launch RPM and when the speed reaches this speed the RPM Ramp will start.

It takes a little bit of practice to get the most out of the Launch Control, i suggest going to the drags or a quite piece of road and practice you starts until you "get" how it works. Dont ride the clutch too much, try and get the bike moving forward then feed the clutch relatively quickly.

·
Registered
145 Posts

Dump it!!!
is this for a gen4 with the Woolich flash or a gen 5..or both??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts