Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Shift into neutral. Hold SEL and S/S until your tach flashes three times.

If your power mode is not on F, it won't engage. If your engine temps are above 112 deg F, it won't engage.

The LC will automatically engage the next time you come to a complete stop in first gear and rev the engine. Pin the throttle and gradually let out the clutch. You can only use it once every 2.5 minutes, to avoid temp-related damages.

There are three LC levels, 1 being the least restrictive/fastest acceleration, and so on. Access those in the setup mode.

All of this, by the way, is in the manual that comes with the bike.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
Well, if you never got it to turn on, how do you know it sucks? :confused:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
Does the clutch have to be let out gradually on all three levels??

Uh, yeah. The launch control modulates the throttle not the clutch. Keep the throttle pinned and let the computer do the work while you're letting the clutch out

·
Registered
9 Posts
Uh, yeah. The launch control modulates the throttle not the clutch. Keep the throttle pinned and let the computer do the work while you're letting the clutch out
Yeah i didnt write that very well, i was asking if you can just dump the clutch on any of the levels or do you still have to let it out gradually.

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
you can dump it if you have a slippery tire or extended or preload the front breaks. But if you dump it with a tire that hooks good luck lol.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The Launch control actually works really well. Gen 4 launch control in the Kit ECu was bunk....the new launch control works very good.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
are you limited to launches ? I read the bmw s1000rr is 3 times only!
Ummm, why are you reading about the S1000RR and not reading the Owner's Manual for the bike you own? You should really open that book and get all the details there about when it's capable of. :sneaky::rolleyes: FYI - The Launch Control (KLCM) settings are detailed out on page 121 of that book.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts