Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone setup/used launch control or used the pit lane limiter as a launch control function.
I have a zx10r 04/05 engine with kit ecu in my hillclimb car and wondered if I could make use of this to improve my starts.
Sorry if this has already been discussed but i can't find it so maybee someone can help me out.

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hi, has anyone setup/used launch control or used the pit lane limiter as a launch control function.
I have a zx10r 04/05 engine with kit ecu in my hillclimb car and wondered if I could make use of this to improve my starts.
Sorry if this has already been discussed but i can't find it so maybee someone can help me out.

Cheers

Rob

I'm using the launch control on my 08 ZX10,it's pretty easy. Once you set it up through the software,it's activated as long as you have 1st gear in the gearbox and the clutch pulled...

Once you release the clutch and the bike starts to roll it gets deactivated automatically.It's default setting is 6.000 rpms and you can adjust it from 3.000 rpms up to 9.000 rpms...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
launch control

Hello Balogiannis,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the software I have, (from Lello), and it is adjustable from 5000 down to 1000 rpm by clicking and dragging.
What I could not quite work out was if it disabled after 1st gear, and if it would engage again if I had wheelspin in first. It sounds like the limiter stops working as soon as the clutch is released from what you have said or am I not understanding.
Also do you know which wire connections operate the quickshift function on the kit ecu.

Even in a car kawa brings a big grin to my face!

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm using the launch control on my 08 ZX10,it's pretty easy. Once you set it up through the software,it's activated as long as you have 1st gear in the gearbox and the clutch pulled...

Once you release the clutch and the bike starts to roll it gets deactivated automatically.It's default setting is 6.000 rpms and you can adjust it from 3.000 rpms up to 9.000 rpms...
Can I ask what software are you using to do that?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Can I ask what software are you using to do that?
The software that comes with the race ECU,but I'm speaking for the 3d GEN bikes.

The options vary slightly depending on the model.

@ multisport

The launch control won't deactivate immediately after the clutch is released,but it'll keep until the bike reaches a certain speed or shift to 2nd gear,which ever comes first I think.

I'll check about the what pins you connect for the quickshifter but you can figure it out by checking the wiring diagrams in the race manual.

·
Registered
553 Posts
The software that comes with the race ECU,but I'm speaking for the 3d GEN bikes.

The options vary slightly depending on the model.

@ multisport

The launch control won't deactivate immediately after the clutch is released,but it'll keep until the bike reaches a certain speed or shift to 2nd gear,which ever comes first I think.

I'll check about the what pins you connect for the quickshifter but you can figure it out by checking the wiring diagrams in the race manual.
I no i have the last of the gen3 models (2010 )

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
launch control

Hi Balogiannis,

From what you have described, that sounds exactly what I had hoped for, deactivating once second is selected or hits preset speed.

I have kit ecu and race sofware and interface, bought from lello87 but don' know how it compares to the later bikes as my engine is 05 c2.

As far as quickshifter goes, I will troll through the posts for kit wiring diagram.

Also I think I will ask lello 87 if the new software that is coming will have traction control, will keep you posted.

Thanks again

Rob

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hi Balogiannis,

From what you have described, that sounds exactly what I had hoped for, deactivating once second is selected or hits preset speed.

I have kit ecu and race sofware and interface, bought from lello87 but don' know how it compares to the later bikes as my engine is 05 c2.

As far as quickshifter goes, I will troll through the posts for kit wiring diagram.

Also I think I will ask lello 87 if the new software that is coming will have traction control, will keep you posted.

Thanks again

Rob
Rob I'm afraid I'll disappoint you. I cheked the available options for your model and it doesn't include launch control for the 04/05 model...

Using the pit limiter for launch control might me a good idea but you'll need to disable it manually after you launch...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh that's a bugger!

I wonder if it is possible to locate the connection that activates launch control and perhaps it may be possible to wire in a switch.
Well any way thanks for you help and time.
My engine is out of the car at the moment and am fitting an accusump system to it, but you guys don't need this for bikes, no surge I guess.

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
launch control

Hey Cocky Rooster once I've figured out how to compress my pics I'll post some, no problem.
Trying to get it sorted for a hillclimb in France but it is just a stock engine with kit ecu, 52t rear sprocket and 15t front.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Rob,

I'm building a race buggy in Dorset to compete in the Raid De Himalya and would really appreciate any advice you may have. I'm new to this these sights, but any chance you could PM me?

I've purchased a 2009 ZX10R engine complete with everything, including clocks and 3 keys (even have the stamped service book)..

Going to start the build properly in about a months time (the guys are finishing off a 240z historic at the moment).. Really would like to get your views on this engine as a choice for car approx 500kg, gearing? What size wheels are you running with those sprockets? Top speed your set for? Any pull away problems?

Would be really great to hear from you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts