Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

For those of you that know me You know I own a Mustang GT also that I run at the track. I've been over at the Mustang Forums, and to say the least there are guys over there that think they can beat bikes. I tell them the only bike you might beat in the 1/4 Mile is a Harley Davidson. I just get a kick out of the guys that think they can hang with a ZX10R, or a Busa, or a GSXR 1000......Makes me laugh....

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Sounds about right.

You need a 900 hp Viper to beat a 10 and even then it wouldnt catch you until 100 plus MPH

·
Registered
928 Posts
only reason i raced the kid cause he was a dumb fugg and kept sayin he smashes busa and everythign and he could smoke me (173lbs) on my 10.

after me tellin him hes retarded over and over i finaly said ok, beat my cobra and i'll race u on the 10.

needless to say he never got to race me on m 10 after i handed him ass 3 times in the cobra.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
projekZERO said:
i beat a f4i with 240 lb rider with my 500 whp 03 cobra

I'm talking about the 1000cc bikes, not the slow ones!!! LOL!!!!!! With 500rwhp you can beat alot of cars, but not bikes...What does your Sexy Cobra run in the 1/4??? I run a 13.8 @ 99.98mph in my GT....

·
Registered
928 Posts
and so u know my friend on his 04 gixxer 600 (180 lbs) whooped my cobra nasty so even those 600's aint no joke with the right rider.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
projekZERO said:
cobra's gone man.

but my best was 11.8 @ 119
Fucking sweet!!! You should have kept it brother!!! You know if you own a fast bike you gotta own a fast car!!!!! Damn that is fast 11.8!!!!!! What do you run on your 10????

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
projekZERO said:
never ran either 10 at the track
Brother you gotta run the bike in the 1/4 mile, there is no other feeling!!! I'm sure Track days are great, but when you run at 140-150 down the 1/4 mile there is no other feeling!!!! It is like a drug! You gotta run it down the track at least once!!!! You know the feeling when you ran your cobra, now run that damn 10 and hit some 9's!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
928 Posts
u mean the ass end swaying back and forth while slammin the gears runnin the e.t. streets. yeah i loved that. i suck ass at launchin bikes tho. last time i tried i stood the mofo straight up!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
projekZERO said:
u mean the ass end swaying back and forth while slammin the gears runnin the e.t. streets. yeah i loved that. i suck ass at launchin bikes tho. last time i tried i stood the mofo straight up!
Ass end swaying back and forth is great!!! I wish I had bought the damn 5 Speed, but I got the Auto, but from 1-2, and 2-3 I sway the rear end big time on the street!!!! I love that feeling!!!!! More then I love racing the 10!!!! I hit a 10.2 @ 142 on my 10 and I havn't been back for about a month due to my buddying fucking up and drinking a driving and wreaking his HD now the wife is all scared that i'm gonna fuck up and wreak my bike!!!! But next week its on!!!!! I am moving to Hunter Army Airfield soon so I hope there is a track around there!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
bragg10r said:
Hello all,

For those of you that know me You know I own a Mustang GT also that I run at the track. I've been over at the Mustang Forums, and to say the least there are guys over there that think they can beat bikes. I tell them the only bike you might beat in the 1/4 Mile is a Harley Davidson. I just get a kick out of the guys that think they can hang with a ZX10R, or a Busa, or a GSXR 1000......Makes me laugh....
My buddy with a talon tsi beat a 10r. On track and highway. Its not so far fetched. :dontknow:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
snoopnoon said:
My buddy with a talon tsi beat a 10r. On track and highway. Its not so far fetched. :dontknow:

LOL, a talon TSI??? putting down about 245hp to the "Front" wheels???? Sorry to say but your buddy did not know how to drive his 10R!!!!!!!! I've beaten Mustang Cobras on the street and that is from a roll, and a Dig........The Cobra is rated at about 435hp to the rear wheels with some simple bolt ons......Come on bud....tell your friend that he needs to learn to drive his 10R....No car out there right now "STOCK" can even come close to a 10R....

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bragg10r said:
LOL, a talon TSI??? putting down about 245hp to the "Front" wheels???? Sorry to say but your buddy did not know how to drive his 10R!!!!!!!! I've beaten Mustang Cobras on the street and that is from a roll, and a Dig........The Cobra is rated at about 435hp to the rear wheels with some simple bolt ons......Come on bud....tell your friend that he needs to learn to drive his 10R....No car out there right now "STOCK" can even come close to a 10R....
Sorry its AWD which might give him more of an advantage, but still the best times I have seen them run is an 11 second 1/4 mile which is VERY VERY SLOW for a 10R....

·
Registered
828 Posts
not to bust anyones bubble, but yesterday I was riding on the 805 south and pulled up behind a 05 or 06 mustang, it looked cool, body kit, big wheels all that stuff, so as i was passing him i saw that he had litenfilter(sp) badges on the side of it, just then he looked over and dropped down into what i think was third and he took off, i could hear the turbo(s) spooling so i took off and got in behind him and as i looked down at the speedo i was doing 150 and he was still pulling away, now keep in mind i didn't want to pass him, we were both having a hard time dodging traffic at those speeds,

i'm sure i could have caught him, but 150 on the cali freeways with those damn rain things in the road just doesn't make for good feeling, i was damn impressed though,

·
Registered
158 Posts
bragg10r said:
Sorry its AWD which might give him more of an advantage, but still the best times I have seen them run is an 11 second 1/4 mile which is VERY VERY SLOW for a 10R....
My buddys time
10.123 @138.08, 1.643, 94 Talon AWD, FP3575, GreenMachine, Leon R.

Oh and not my "buddy" be we know of each other and say hi but this is another time
9.692 @141.04, 1.419, 92 Talon RWD, BR T4 60Tr, Bruce K - RWD Talon, Bruce K.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
snoopnoon said:
My buddys time
10.123 @138.08, 1.643, 94 Talon AWD, FP3575, GreenMachine, Leon R.

Oh and not my "buddy" be we know of each other and say hi but this is another time
9.692 @141.04, 1.419, 92 Talon RWD, BR T4 60Tr, Bruce K - RWD Talon, Bruce K.

The guy you know runs a 9.6 @ 141 in a talon RWD, BR T4???? he must be spraying the shit out of her to run that!!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts