Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I knew that BMW had some issues with production with the latest Gen but man LOL

BMW have released a recall for the cylinder head to be replaced. The titanium valve surface coating has been processed incorrectly which can cause premature wearing of the valve guides and lead to burning of oil. The solution is to replace the complete cylinder head. This affects bikes built before 18/5/2020.

Add leaking calipers, steering damper leaking, oil cooler recall, clunky rear shock and forks? Issues with their carbon fiber wheels on the M models.. I was looking to buy the new Black Metallic version this year but now..euh:(

What a mess!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Their cars are horribly unreliable too! Cheap underhood plastics that become brittle and break over time and poorly engineered components that will (not if but will) fail. I always thought my non-BMW European cars were bad, but BMW is the worst.

·
The Pace
7,076 Posts
Bad, you're growing in depth. I suspect the 10r g4s and maybe newer may have similar head problem linking to valve problem. Thinking that valve selection is SOP but head shaping trying to lose weight, a good factor, could be a problem with warping whatever due to wear conditions. Beamer data needed.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad, you're growing in depth. I suspect the 10r g4s and maybe newer may have similar head problem linking to valve problem. Thinking that valve selection is SOP but head shaping trying to lose weight, a good factor, could be a problem with warping whatever due to wear conditions. Beamer data needed.
Scout! I can't trust your information with anything mechanical, sorry mate LOL 😂 stick to the conspiracy theories!!:alien:

·
Registered
402 Posts
After looking at these videos, i would still get one. i've had 4 ninjas throughout my years and i'm pretty sure my next bike will be a BMW1000rr..
i do agree that the cars suck, but i can't pass on this bike.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
....some of their cars are pretty awesome, so long as you can work on them yourself. ;)

The bikes are stout. every one I've rolled up on the dyno so far has been impressive, even stock. Well, especially stock. If you're the kind of person who doesn't like to modify your bike much (if at all), it's probably one of the best 1000cc super sports right out of the box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts