Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda a shitty night.

Went to go out with some of my firends.

Got poured on. Called another group of my friends who are futher north.

They said it wasn't raining and they were going to the warehouses.

Rode through the downpour met up with them.

We went to the warehouse.

My and my buddy Brian pull in and rock a wheelie down the road.

We both turn around and go to rock them the other way.

He over clutched it and HIGHSIDED badly. His F3 is no more. The handlebars and front wheel point in very different directions. Front wheel bent, pegs bent broke, just everything looked like shit.

About 10 more guys showed up and I rocked sit downs for a while. I wasn't trying to do any standups after seeing what happend to Brian.

I did learn something new. Sitting on the passanger seat really helps the bike balance.

Then when I left I got pulled over (and let go)

But anyway not the best night. I made it home in 1 piece with no tickets so I guess it was all good for me.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yea, my buddy is fine. Kinda funny, he burned through his pants and underwere right on his butt.

Also may have broke his toe but nothing major.

That is the BIG advantage of SLOW wheelies. Much less injuries when you wreck.

I do all my wheelies between 15 - 25 mph.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I really gotta learn how to clutch it up. Im stuck doing power wheelies at 45mph in 1st gear. I guess I just gotta gear up and hit a parking lot for some practice.....

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
crispin said:
I do all my wheelies between 15 - 25 mph.

what do you have for gearing??? not buying that. :headshake
you realize the ten idles with the clutch out at like 10..so your picking them up and riding them just off idle?? Hmmm.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Reminds me of the gap...lol

Riding all day in the rain...dudes thottle gettin stuck and crashin 50s...

Glad your frieds ok...look on the bright side...things could have been alot worse...

Personally...I dont think doing wheelies in the rain is the best idea...thats russian roulet...sooner or later youre gonna get it! :1848:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
busaforhire said:
you realize the ten idles with the clutch out at like 10..so your picking them up and riding them just off idle?? Hmmm.
a little clutch and balence point...thats all you need...

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
a little clutch and balence point...thats all you need...

Hmm have you ever tried a wheelie at slow speeds with stock gearing?? I mean you can pull them up at slow speeds and accellerate to keep your balance but to try and balance it at say 3-5% throttle in first?? no way. :headshake

I can assure you that the pic in crispins avatar wasn't taken at 15mph.. :lol:
maybe 70+
if you don't have a 48tooth sprocket or something rediculous you ain't doing no 15 mph wheelies..not on a literbike anyway.

I don't know if he was riding the wheelies in the rain but that even makes the "clutching it up harder to believe. how do you clutch up the bike in the rain?? must have sandpaper for a tire.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
216 Posts
guys...he was not doing wheelies in the rain. He got caught in the rain and then rode up north to his buddies place where it was not raining....THEN did clutch wheelies at 15mph. ;)

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
vettewreck said:
guys...he was not doing wheelies in the rain. He got caught in the rain and then rode up north to his buddies place where it was not raining....THEN did clutch wheelies at 15mph. ;)

yea after re-reading it it does seem that it was dry where the 15mph (cough bullsh*# cough) wheeilies were performed..
Hey crispin you got any of those wheelies on video I can check out?? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my gearing is just +1 in the rear.

My friend on a stock 10 rides them at 7 mph

I have posted a video of him doing that already.

Quite a few people on this board actually know me, they will tell you that if I say it it is is true.

I pull them up at 10 mph in 1st all day long. Look at my avatar, that is a 1st gear wheelie on its way up.

busaforhire said:

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow, you should expand your horizons. Many things may exist that you do not know of. I have seen 3 mph wheelies on a geared bike before.

busaforhire said:
yea after re-reading it it does seem that it was dry where the 15mph (cough bullsh*# cough) wheeilies were performed..
Hey crispin you got any of those wheelies on video I can check out?? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
waitin for the video of YOU Crispin.. :mrgreen: patiently.

·
Registered
945 Posts
i think thats awesome crispin, if you can do wheelies at that low speed
here we go again... BFH you do realize you dont have to criticize every thread ever started on this forum, and by the way i have to try really hard even in the rain to get my tires to break loose; wheelies in the rain are just as easy as dry ones (pilot powers of course)

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Pressley10r said:
...and by the way i have to try really hard even in the rain to get my tires to break loose; wheelies in the rain are just as easy as dry ones (pilot powers of course)
Ok...dont want this to sound wrong...but you should have no problems loosing traction in the wet! Even with hot rain tires...

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
crispin said:
my gearing is just +1 in the rear.

My friend on a stock 10 rides them at 7 mph

I have posted a video of him doing that already.

Quite a few people on this board actually know me, they will tell you that if I say it it is is true.

I pull them up at 10 mph in 1st all day long. Look at my avatar, that is a 1st gear wheelie on its way up.
Yeah BFH, you should believe him. crispin loves rockin wheelies almost as much as getting outrun by a guy on a stock 10.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Pressley10r said:
i think thats awesome crispin, if you can do wheelies at that low speed
here we go again... BFH you do realize you dont have to criticize every thread ever started on this forum, and by the way i have to try really hard even in the rain to get my tires to break loose; wheelies in the rain are just as easy as dry ones (pilot powers of course)
see you start with a ligit bitch but then you follow it with a bulls%# statement.. :headshake
I don't criticize every thread just the ones that may give someone the idea that they can pull up a wheeile from nearly a dead stop with near stock gearing and ride it at 15 mph. Or the ones that talk about "clutching" wheelies in the rain. (Crispin has already cleared that up for us though) I agree that rolling into the throttle it's possible to maintain traction in the rain, but if you either whack the throttle WFO or clutch it I can promise you that the tire will spin...if it doesn't check your tailsection because it probaly says zx6 not zx10 :wink: no check that it probaly says ninja 250 :mrgreen:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I thought it was a funny comment. I recall when crispin had the fasted bike in FL...because he said it...it was true....until someone called him on it. What's wrong with poking a bear with a stick now and again? :lol:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
crispin said:
wow, you should expand your horizons. Many things may exist that you do not know of. I have seen 3 mph wheelies on a geared bike before.

yea I guess I do need to expand my horizons...I have seen slow wheelies on a GEARED bike before too. Thats my point your not geared like that.. :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts