Spoiler!

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
Spoiler!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I've cracked my collarbone, it was painful, bad painful. For lorenzo to break his, go thru surgery having a plate and screws to piece it together, then race and finish 5th, that's just ridiculous. If i were one of the guys who finished behind him, i'd be considering retiring. I'm happy for rossi, but lorenzo racing and finishing that high makes rossi's win seem rather insignificant.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
I've cracked my collarbone, it was painful, bad painful. For lorenzo to break his, go thru surgery having a plate and screws to piece it together, then race and finish 5th, that's just ridiculous. If i were one of the guys who finished behind him, i'd be considering retiring. I'm happy for rossi, but lorenzo racing and finishing that high makes rossi's win seem rather insignificant.
Spoiler!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Spoiler!
Yeah rossi needed that win. He should have a couple of races before lorenzo is 100%, so maybe he can take advantage of it for another win at some of the tracks he enjoys and has had success.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Spoiler!
As much as i like rossi, i doubt he's ever going to beat a healthy lorenzo again. Then, maybe all he needed was the confidence from a win and that may boost his competitiveness. I'm just afraid rossi is getting a little old to lay it out enough to hang with those guys week in and out.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
As much as i like rossi, i doubt he's ever going to beat a healthy lorenzo again. Then, maybe all he needed was the confidence from a win and that may boost his competitiveness. I'm just afraid rossi is getting a little old to lay it out enough to hang with those guys week in and out.
I think he might have what it takes. Seems like he needed the time to get reacquainted with the Yam. He has the passion and to be capable of winning after all these years is amazing to say the least.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Yeah rossi needed that win. He should have a couple of races before lorenzo is 100%, so maybe he can take advantage of it for another win at some of the tracks he enjoys and has had success.
The confidence he gained today might do him wonders.

·
Registered
183 Posts
To be brutally honest had Rossi not tried to bring Ducati to a MotoGP championship partially out of national pride I'm not sure Lorenzo would have any world titles.

NOT crashing and dealing with injuries are as mush part of racing as anything else. Who crashed on Thursday? Was it someone else or did Lorenzo crash himself?

Rossi said the hero was Lorenzo...and he meant for Yamaha versus Honda and was being quite modest. The story here is Rossi gaining World Championship form in the same systematic manner in which he did so when he developed the Yamaha into a World Class platform in the first place.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
To be brutally honest had Rossi not tried to bring Ducati to a MotoGP championship partially out of national pride I'm not sure Lorenzo would have any world titles.

NOT crashing and dealing with injuries are as mush part of racing as anything else. Who crashed on Thursday? Was it someone else or did Lorenzo crash himself?

Rossi said the hero was Lorenzo...and he meant for Yamaha versus Honda and was being quite modest. The story here is Rossi gaining World Championship form in the same systematic manner in which he did so when he developed the Yamaha into a World Class platform in the first place.
What rossi meant when calling Lorenzo a hero was racing that weekend given his injuries and surgery. Same thing every other racer said. Nothing to do with honda vs yamaha.

Lorenzo was beating rossi well before he left for ducati. And that has more to do with rossi's yamaha departure, not italian pride. After yamaha cut rossis pay and gave lorenzo a raise, he saw he was no longer yam's golden boy and left for somewhere he would be.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Rossi's team made significant changes to the front end (specifically front shocks I believe) which he was very positive about last week after their testing in Aragon. I guess time will tell if those changes were what he's been searching for.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Lorenzo was beating rossi well before he left for ducati. And that has more to do with rossi's yamaha departure, not italian pride. After yamaha cut rossis pay and gave lorenzo a raise, he saw he was no longer yam's golden boy and left for somewhere he would be.
When exactly was this? 2010? You mean the year Rossi had a broken leg in the 4th race of the season? At that point it was 2-1 in race wins and take into consideration 1 of Lorenzos wins was the Spanish. Lorenzo has never proven he can consistently beat Rossi until this year and this year isn't over. Lorenzo was clearly second string until Rossi got hurt.

Lorenzo only signed with Yamaha AFTER Rossi announced his departure for Ducati. Lorenzo was in fact rumored to be leaving Yamaha until Rossi's intentions to leave himself became known. So how does this make Lorenzo Yamaha's golden boy?

Ducati offered 15 mil Euro due to the marketing synergy of an Italian champion an Italian bike. Rossi took the money but was also convinced he could develop the Ducati into a world class bike. Note, since Rossi's departure the Ducati's ARE world class bikes, at least compared to the CRT class. :lol:

All verifiable facts above, hate it when they get in the way of a good argument :smile:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
When exactly was this? 2010? You mean the year Rossi had a broken leg in the 4th race of the season? At that point it was 2-1 in race wins and take into consideration 1 of Lorenzos wins was the Spanish. Lorenzo has never proven he can consistently beat Rossi until this year and this year isn't over. Lorenzo was clearly second string until Rossi got hurt.

Lorenzo only signed with Yamaha AFTER Rossi announced his departure for Ducati. Lorenzo was in fact rumored to be leaving Yamaha until Rossi's intentions to leave himself became known. So how does this make Lorenzo Yamaha's golden boy?

Ducati offered 15 mil Euro due to the marketing synergy of an Italian champion an Italian bike. Rossi took the money but was also convinced he could develop the Ducati into a world class bike. Note, since Rossi's departure the Ducati's ARE world class bikes, at least compared to the CRT class. :lol:

All verifiable facts above, hate it when they get in the way of a good argument :smile:
"All verifiable facts above, hate it when they get in the way of a good argument"... My favorite line from anyone making an arguement when they THINK they made a point. lol

Anyway, your OPINION doesn't change mine, we'll agree to disagree. You can bet though if yamaha thought they needed rossi, they would have paid him more rather than trying to secure lorenzo.

BTW rossi crashed, breaking his leg that year due to the self-imposed pressure he put on himself trying to stay a step ahead of lorenzo, who, unlike so many of rossi's arch-nemeses (gibernau, biaggi, etc), payed rossi's legendary mind games no attention and went about getting faster every time out.

I so love a benchracing debate. And i can't really understand why so many people get butthurt at the mere mention that rossi is no longer the fastest guy in motogp anymore. Favorite yes, fastest, no.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
"All verifiable facts above, hate it when they get in the way of a good argument"... My favorite line from anyone making an arguement when they THINK they made a point. lol

Anyway, your OPINION doesn't change mine, we'll agree to disagree. You can bet though if yamaha thought they needed rossi, they would have paid him more rather than trying to secure lorenzo.

BTW rossi crashed, breaking his leg that year due to the self-imposed pressure he put on himself trying to stay a step ahead of lorenzo, who, unlike so many of rossi's arch-nemeses (gibernau, biaggi, etc), payed rossi's legendary mind games no attention and went about getting faster every time out.

I so love a benchracing debate. And i can't really understand why so many people get butthurt at the mere mention that rossi is no longer the fastest guy in motogp anymore. Favorite yes, fastest, no.
LOL nobody wants Lorenzo as a GP champion except his Mom & his boyfriend maybe...plain & simple.. What happened to Marquez?.. common kid ..I blame his last big crash.. Crutchlow is getting faster every week-ends.. a broken collarbone fucking sucks.. taking a shit is a challenge.. Lorenzo was on good fucking drugs. :eyecrazy:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts