Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is it, gentlemen. Tonight I'll make my final attempt to make a 9 second pass SWB. My last trip yielded a 10.07. Hopefully I can drop a couple of tenths and have a number I can be proud of.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Good luck man take a big shit before you go. :lol: also put like 45 psi in your front tire and keep as much in the rear as you can without spinning. Also if you can take a flathead screw driver and spread your rear brake pad s out as much as you can. That'll help.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
:+1: and Ive never heard of the rear brake pad trick. Im gonna have to try that next time I hit the strip. lol

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Too bad you don't ride a gixxer.. the shorts, tanktop, and flip flops would have a huge weight advantage over leather

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
No need for a screwdriver for the rear brake caliper. Push and pull it and it will loosen up. I do it every time this way. 50 psi in the front tire, 36 psi in the rear (shinko stealth). 9's swb can happen. Sometimes fast times need patience.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
.... [email protected] I mean... C'mon! I couldnt cut a 60' for shit! It was either wheelieing really bad or spinning. Oh well, I guess. I'll be 10" longer and +3 more in the rear next weekend.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
.... [email protected] I mean... C'mon! I couldnt cut a 60' for shit! It was either wheelieing really bad or spinning. Oh well, I guess. I'll be 10" longer and +3 more in the rear next weekend.
That really sucks so close but that's still impressive for a SWB not any SWB but a 1st Gen shorter than I believe most or any bike. :wink::thumbsup:

What was your 60? Wheeling to much for me at least means not slipping the clutch enough, spinning means tires and suspension setup or maybe to much slipping the clutch all combined. :badteeth:

bloo

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was hard to find a happy medium between slipping and letting the clutch go too soon. I'm running a 2CT so that's one reason I was spinning. As far as suspension setup goes... It's not. Just lowering links and strapped.
My best 60' was a 1.74 ranging all the way to 1.98! Embarrassing! What a change from my last trip to the track. Last time I was cutting 1.65 60' and trapping 135mph. Tonight I can't cut a decent 60' and pick up almost 5mph. That 10.000 was actually @ 139.99mph.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
It was hard to find a happy medium between slipping and letting the clutch go too soon. I'm running a 2CT so that's one reason I was spinning. As far as suspension setup goes... It's not. Just lowering links and strapped.
My best 60' was a 1.74 ranging all the way to 1.98! Embarrassing! What a change from my last trip to the track. Last time I was cutting 1.65 60' and trapping 135mph. Tonight I can't cut a decent 60' and pick up almost 5mph. That 10.000 was actually @ 139.99mph.

Stop concerning yourself with a 60 look mostly now at the 330 you already showed you can do a good 60 but the 330 will show if your getting WOT fast enough....the bad thing is I don't race enough and will have to practice what I preach this Sunday. :badteeth: :helmet:

bloo

·
Registered
250 Posts
Screw it dude, that is an awesome tome. The best I can manage is a 11.15 with SWB (205lb fully geared). 10 seconds flat is fing awesome. Well done. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
what bloo said, Im curious to see the rest of your time slip

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
i wouldnt stretch it just yet man :wink: 9's is doable just takes seat time. i wouldnt get to down on yourself on the 60 bc the 330 is just important bc this will tell you if you gettin to full throttle or not fast enuff. wat rpms was you launching at ?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Nice time man, my buddy got his 07 gsxr 1k stock with a slip on, strap and lowered to a .9.9 the other day.. best time I have cut at swb was on my 09, was lowered no strap, gp slip on, air filter, and no butterflies ran a 10.1 at 140 with a 1.9 60, I am 205 suited though.. I am hopin for a 9.9 pass next week on my 05

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
60'- 1.741
330'- 4.401
1/8- [email protected]
1000'- 8.400
1/4- [email protected]
That's so close man. It has to be frustrating to be that close and not hit your goal. But you CAN do it. You just have to keep practicing and really paying attention to what works for you and what's hurting you. Nerves are a big part that will totally fuck you up. You just have to work on being smooth and consistent. The better times will come. You'll get there.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Stop concerning yourself with a 60 look mostly now at the 330 you already showed you can do a good 60 but the 330 will show if your getting WOT fast enough....the bad thing is I don't race enough and will have to practice what I preach this Sunday. :badteeth: :helmet:

bloo
60'- 1.741
330'- 4.401
1/8- [email protected]
1000'- 8.400
1/4- [email protected]
Well I let you down this Sunday Savage05 the best I could do was:

See your not the only one that gets 10.000:lol:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts