Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey dudes,what to do when a larger diameter rear tire (208gpa) hits the rear fender? Did a search and nothin came up? :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Washers between the fender and swingarm I heard, I had them leave my 520 convertion chain a little long so my wheel is all the way back.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
:+1:

that and buy a new chain to skoot the tire back.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
just use some washers as spacers and you can keep it on.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Take the fender off. Or spacer it up some. As far as chain lengths go, you start affecting your suspension setups. Example, I used a longer chain for damp/wet tracks ie you are lengthening the wheel base by just a little.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Dragone said:
Take the fender off. Or spacer it up some. As far as chain lengths go, you start affecting your suspension setups. Example, I used a longer chain for damp/wet tracks ie you are lengthening the wheel base by just a little.
well if we're gonna go there...

the larger tire takes away from the swing arm angle so addin a link or two actually just gets things back to normal! :wink:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yep I have the same problem with my 208gps. But Im not about to spend 200 bucks on carbon fiber one from OPP...:badteeth: I'm going to go with extra washers when I run my GP's

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
zx-7rking said:
Yep I have the same problem with my 208gps. But Im not about to spend 200 bucks on carbon fiber one from OPP...:badteeth: I'm going to go with extra washers when I run my GP's
:iamwithst

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
also, hotbodies is commin out with one...dunno the difference...on their site its 179msrp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts