Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got myself a XT Racing ultra lap timer and I can't figure out where the F. to mount the little SOB... What are you guys doin?

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
I mounted mine on a bracket I made on the inside of the left upper. Its not visible to me until I come in. The pick up I mounted to the rear hugger.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mounted mine on a bracket I made on the inside of the left upper. Its not visible to me until I come in. The pick up I mounted to the rear hugger.
Rear hugger seems like a good spot for the pickup. I got a 6 ft cord so im not limited wire length. Did you use velcro? Can you snap a pic of the mount you made?

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
Rear hugger seems like a good spot for the pickup. I got a 6 ft cord so im not limited wire length. Did you use velcro? Can you snap a pic of the mount you made?
Sure man. Yeah I used Velcro both for the mount and for the pick up. I put wire loom around the wire and just zip tied it in place. As far as the mount goes Basically all I did was cut a piece of thin aluminum the same size as the back of the lap timer with a tab on it big enough for a bolt hole. My GSXR had a great spot just next to the forks on the right hand side so that's where I put it. I can upload a couple of pics this afternoon for you.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
I apologize for the not so great pics. In the first pic you can see the pic up wire coming out from the sub frame covered in wire loom and attached with velcro to the top of the hugger. In the second pic I took the timer off and let it dangle but you can see I cut the aluminum big enough to be bolted with an allen head just under and to the left of the tach. The rest has velcro to hold the timer on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Or. Those pics give good ideas.

·
Always On Mod
1,839 Posts
I just picked up one of these. BT-1000eX It gives you quite a bit more info, like split times, and accel/decel so I can look at how efficient my brakes and throttle are for a particular corner. The next level will be picking up a Woolich LBP so I can log bike data along with GPS laptimes. I have some prototype tire temp sensors I've started messing with as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts