Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok well a few of us did Pahrump with SoCal yesterday 4-15-06 Fenris,Tiwaz and my self of course a few others with Kawis as well. Well after running some good laps early before lunch and realizing that my gas can I brought with me had a hole in it :sad: I had to leave at the break and get a small one so I could get threw the day. Well on too the subject one, of the guys that I pitted with was running his fastest laps of 1:42 and this guy is a good rider gets around the track pretty well. I was told by another rider that I was going faster than him and I am guessing I was running 1:39-1:41 lap times and was keeping up with KaToom you know the guy on the Yellow #6 R1 he is damn fast I could keep him in my sites about 6-10 bike lengths. I don't want to make it sound like I am making excuses but I am running a bone stock bike with only an akro slip-on. I ride with street tires Pilot Powers and have a damper thats it. I was told buy a few people that the real fast guys on the track have a lot of money in there bikes like quickshifters, PCIII suspension and great breaks and carbon fiber wheels. This is the advantage that a lot of the faster riders have over me. I think if I had a bike with all the goods I would shread a lot of guys.:eek:ccasion1 well any of you know if the lap times I posted earlier are fast for that track? Or am I being told that my lap times are incorrect? I will say this I have never ridden that fast on a track in my life.:thumbsup: Pics can be viewed at socals website follow the links www.trackday. net :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
407 Posts
kneedragger said:
I don't want to make it sound like I am making excuses but I am running a bone stock bike with only an akro slip-on. I ride with street tires Pilot Powers and have a damper thats it. I was told buy a few people that the real fast guys on the track have a lot of money in there bikes like quickshifters, PCIII suspension and great breaks and carbon fiber wheels. This is the advantage that a lot of the faster riders have over me. I think if I had a bike with all the goods I would shread a lot of guys
Lets put it this way: If you instead spent that money on lessons or a riding school do you think you would be faster?? Its not the bike.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am with you on that I have spent the money on the schools and now have 6 trackdays under my belt. I can say this that I can't wait to ride with Red Shift again they do the best job for a school as far as I am concerned. I also think that when you are riding with guys that have race prepped bikes with good riders on slicks and other mods and lighter bikes going up against a stock bike they are going to be faster. Thats ok I still manage to be getting faster and have people tell me they are shocked to see me go by them. I will work at my skillz as I enjoy riding with KaTooM as he is a fast rider who I can't see how he dosen't even drag knee.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Right on Knee. 6 track days are a good start along with the learning curve. Congrats. What? You are not hard core now?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:thumbsup: O as said before these days are called CRACK days:crackup:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you guys buy the pictures? or copy and paste them?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I just ordered mine I will post tonight :eek:ccasion1 well what do you think do I live up to my name ? :crackup:

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
kneedragger said:
I just ordered mine I will post tonight :eek:ccasion1
Cool.

Once you pay the guy, he can enable a link so that you can capture them online, so that you recieve them immediately. You can pm him at scsportbikes.com. His nickname over there is Trackday.net, just like his business. He usually responds pretty quickly.

Tire warm up lap action:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pics are up what do ya think? look at the posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
kneedragger said:
Ok well a few of us did Pahrump with SoCal yesterday 4-15-06 Fenris,Tiwaz and my self of course a few others with Kawis as well. Well after running some good laps early before lunch and realizing that my gas can I brought with me had a hole in it :sad: I had to leave at the break and get a small one so I could get threw the day. Well on too the subject one, of the guys that I pitted with was running his fastest laps of 1:42 and this guy is a good rider gets around the track pretty well. I was told by another rider that I was going faster than him and I am guessing I was running 1:39-1:41 lap times and was keeping up with KaToom you know the guy on the Yellow #6 R1 he is damn fast I could keep him in my sites about 6-10 bike lengths. I don't want to make it sound like I am making excuses but I am running a bone stock bike with only an akro slip-on. I ride with street tires Pilot Powers and have a damper thats it. I was told buy a few people that the real fast guys on the track have a lot of money in there bikes like quickshifters, PCIII suspension and great breaks and carbon fiber wheels. This is the advantage that a lot of the faster riders have over me. I think if I had a bike with all the goods I would shread a lot of guys.:eek:ccasion1 well any of you know if the lap times I posted earlier are fast for that track? Or am I being told that my lap times are incorrect? I will say this I have never ridden that fast on a track in my life.:thumbsup: Pics can be viewed at socals website follow the links www.trackday. net :eek:ccasion1
Hey, Knee.

Sorry I missed the event. Business had me up in Northern California for the end of last week. If you can consistently run with Mark, R1 Limited Edition replica, lap in and lap out, then you're running roughly in the 1:41-1:45 neighborhood. That would a phenomenal improvement for your riding because you were in the 2:00s range when I rode with you at SMMR last time. It took me a good 3 years before I got down to the low 1:40s. Can't always judge by hearsay, although, it could be an ego-boosting thing. Put a laptimer on and see for yourself. :eek:ccasion1

BTW, the outright lap record is in the 1:36s by Damon Buckmaster on a Graves R6. DiSalvo could have recently gone faster but no official time was ever recorded.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts