Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've been working on my 2011 zx10 over the winter and wanted to share my progress. Most of the major stuff is done and now I'm just working out minor details. It's been a lot of fun and I can't wait to ride it at Laguna in 3 weeks.

So I bought this thing is 650 miles and about 70% converted to track mode. Here's goods list:

Ohlins 30mm fork cartidges
Ohlins TTX MK2 shock
Dan Kyle rear linkage
Re-valved steering damper
Accossato Master Brake Cylinder
Galfer Lines
ECU Flash by Archer with 3 custom maps (MR12 race fuel, Slip-on on pump gas, and full stock exhaust for Laguna Seca days)
Bazzaz QS4
M4 standard slip-on exhaust
Vortex rearsets
Tightails fairing stay
CRC body work with tall race wind screen
Reactive wheel spacers
Reactive rear caliper bracket
Rifleman's 1/5 throttle mod
Driven pair valve plates
Driven sprockets (16/44 or 45 depending on track)
DID Gold chain
GB racing engine covers
Cox radiator guard
Driven Race Gas Cap
Driven Block off plates
Woodcraft frame sliders
Rethnal clip-ons
45tf rectifier bracket

Functionally speaking, the bike is done. Now I'm just working on fitting the body work and making sure it clears everything sufficiently before I send it off to paint. The paint scheme is also in design phase but it's coming along.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Very Nice. Will your exhaust pass the Laguna sound check. I hear their pretty strict about noise violations.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ya, I have a full stock system standing-by for Laguna days. This is why I went with the M4 slip-on rather than a full system, as it allows me to keep the stock headers (which are pretty respectable) and just bolt up the stock exhaust in less than 5 minutes. In addition, I am having a db-killer insert made for the stock pipe to further re-direct the sound away from the sound booth. It's silly but I absolutely love that track to not go there because of sound--especially since I live 45 minutes from the track.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Looking good. Good luck at Laguna. I wish I can go

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I would be disgusted with my bike brother. I'm gonna call Rich and have him send me a dB killer. I'll put my 35mm insert with the dB killer and see if I can make it under 92.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be disgusted with my bike brother. I'm gonna call Rich and have him send me a dB killer. I'll put my 35mm insert with the dB killer and see if I can make it under 92.
Disgusted? What do you mean? Who cares how it looks. It's Laguna!!! Db killer for a race pipe is pointless at Laguna as you will definitely go over 90db. Yes, it's 90! :(

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Shit.. 90 dB?? fuck I ain't passing then. Screw laguna I'll just do BW, Sears point, and T-Hill. AFM doesn't race laguna anyway LOL

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
We have a sound restriction at our track here a bit higher than Laguna at 94db limit. County meter is 99db. The track owner imposed the 94db limit to make sure that we don't trip the county meter. 750 dollar fine for each offense. Atmospheric conditions play a big part in noise generation. My stock exhaust on my Gen 1 tripped 89 at the sound check but last track day I posted a 98db reading and got blacked flagged had to run by the meter a gear higher to keep it under 94db. My Gen 4 tripped the meter at 91db with stock exhaust still to much for Laguna which sucks because I would really like to ride that track. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
and thats why I keep the cat on the bike lol. Its also no fun if you attract 20 cops everytime you ride, and it passes all sound checks

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the same exhaust. Jay Murray can fab you up a decibel killer insert that will pass Laguna sound testing

http://www.rogueracing.org/zx10r/JMI.htm

I also had jay Murray build something similar to yours on my Akro full system, and had no problems with sound at laguna as you already know. I was also getting on 3rd gear heading by the booth. JM builds some quality pieces worth every penny!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
What happened to the good old days in Cali? Back in the 70's is where everything custom came from Cali! All the street rods, choppers and cool stuff! Everyone wanted to live there. Now all the wacko liberals ruined the state. Sorry for the post jack! Ducati's are everywhere in San Fran so I don't see how they get away with their exhaust?

1 - 20 of 175 Posts