Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out at Laguna Seca for the first time. Absolute blast to ride. And just in case you were wondering, I was running an Akra titanium pipe with no cat, baffle in. No sound issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I can't wait to get out to Laguna on the new bike - pretty sure I can catch air over turn 1, I almost can on the Daytona, came really, really, really close when I was test riding the BMWs out there - should be a blast on the new bike :grin2: Love that track...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice video!!! I too wish I could hear exhaust instead of music...I have another 2 LOOOOOONNGGG months till I get back to my HAPPY place...Good riding my friend.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pssh come on guys, now I know you didn't watch the whole video!!! The last few minutes are all el natural!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good video, wish I could hear your exhaust though.
[
Just curious what wind screen is that?
MRA windscreen. They are from Germany, and they are absolutely awesome. They do clear, blacked out, double bubbles, and stock. The quality is superb. They run about 85 bucks US.

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
That is my favorite track of all time! Looks like you had a great time out there. I got kicked off it with my Gen1 for being too loud once. After that I just used my stock pipe. Great track even if there is a sound limit though!

·
Registered
791 Posts
I run a stock exhaust for Laguna (including cat plus a little re-director insert by Jay Murray) and let me tell you, not having to short-shift past the sound booth is well worth the hassle. I did keep my stock headers so that bolting up the stock exhaust takes 5 minutes. Here's a vid from last summer during Keigwins event. And no music ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I run a stock exhaust for Laguna (including cat plus a little re-director insert by Jay Murray) and let me tell you, not having to short-shift past the sound booth is well worth the hassle. I did keep my stock headers so that bolting up the stock exhaust takes 5 minutes. Here's a vid from last summer during Keigwins event. And no music ;)

LS 6-20-2016 - YouTube
Good reason to keep my stocker handy...can't wait to ride Laguna on the ZX - I was doing 1:44s on my 675 WITH having to roll off between 5 and 6...such a fun track.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Good reason to keep my stocker handy...can't wait to ride Laguna on the ZX - I was doing 1:44s on my 675 WITH having to roll off between 5 and 6...such a fun track.
Yes, rolling off between 5-6 will lose you a few seconds for sure. Not to mention the sketchy speed differential going into turn 6 with liter bikes hauling ass behind you. Never felt comfortable with that and also very annoying when someone in front is slow into 6 and I have to slow down. In the video, the pace is around 1:34-35s. The group ahead is Dakota Mammola, Martin Szwarc and Patryk.

Good call on keeping the stocker, you won't regret it. Make sure you keep the cat as well. Also, and that's very important. Inside your catalytic converter, the side that meets with headers, there are a few layers of honeycombs deep inside. You've got to break them up and pull them out. Those things are only ok to keep when fuel-cut is enabled. Because your bike will have it disabled, it will slightly melt/deform them and they will come loose and potentially block your exhaust. Don't ask me how I know :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yes, rolling off between 5-6 will lose you a few seconds for sure. Not to mention the sketchy speed differential going into turn 6 with liter bikes hauling ass behind you. Never felt comfortable with that and also very annoying when someone in front is slow into 6 and I have to slow down. In the video, the pace is around 1:34-35s. The group ahead is Dakota Mammola, Martin Szwarc and Patryk.

Good call on keeping the stocker, you won't regret it. Make sure you keep the cat as well. Also, and that's very important. Inside your catalytic converter, the side that meets with headers, there are a few layers of honeycombs deep inside. You've got to break them up and pull them out. Those things are only ok to keep when fuel-cut is enabled. Because your bike will have it disabled, it will slightly melt/deform them and they will come loose and potentially block your exhaust. Don't ask me how I know :)
Thanks for the head's up, good to know!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts