Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
That will most certainly make that slick warm!Ive seen muffler outlets melt fairings!why is it even sitting in that position anyway?are you being serious with your question or having a giggle?Im a little confused lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
That will most certainly make that slick warm!Ive seen muffler outlets melt fairings!why is it even sitting in that position anyway?are you being serious with your question or having a giggle?Im a little confused lol

It's encouraged to run them pointing to the back left of the bike because the at leguna, the sound booth is on the right side of the track. You should be able to adjust it just enough so the tip points just over the tire tho....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its no joke. They have a sound booth on the exit of turn 5 and if you go over 90/92DB you get meatballed and if you're running a non-stock exhaust you can be removed/banned from the track for the day. Stockers and people with inserts get a little more chances to make adjustments (short shift after turn five, take a tight inside line, swap exhausts/add inserts)

I ran it monday at laguna seca with no issue. Even going WFO past the sound booth and missing a shift and rev bombing the sound booth and never got flagged, so it works great and no appreciable drop in power (though i was easily the highest power bike there monday)

Jay Murray who makes these inserts ([email protected] if you want one) was there and he noticed it was a little aggressively pointing at the tire and putting heat in it and offered to make some adjustments to it for free this week before i go back to Laguna on saturday and sunday (may 27/28).

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It wasn't too bad. Back on the Saturday i blew sound at 95db in the 2nd to last session going WFO past the sound booth because the wind changed direction on me. I never blew sound on sunday, even with a few wheelies up the hill past the sound booth.

The weekend before i ran the insert and Jay Murray saw it and offered to make adjustments to it for free since it was heating up the right side of the tire quite a bit more than we were comfortable with and it is much better now.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts