Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Yeah he was pissed thats for sure, I hope this is the first and last season of NASBIKE's
Nascrap stikes again !!!
putting a damn car on the track like that is so stupid and so danergous... everyone whos trying to run the nasbike show needs to find new jobs... they dont belong in motorcycle racing...

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I can not for the life of me see why thye are so dead set on this damn pace car, what is so wrong with a red flag? Its not like TV time is a factor. But I think the riders are on to something, anytime the pace car comes out, all the bikes just ignore it and the race is red flagged, end of story, they have no choice like the douche said.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I am glad to hear someone say something! And when he said that someone will have to die to change the rules? WOW. (8 minutes in) His stock just went up in my book for that comment.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
I am glad to hear someone say something! And when he said that someone will have to die to change the rules? WOW. (8 minutes in) His stock just went up in my book for that comment.
:iamwithst

I don't like Mladin and never will that's my choice but he did say some smart things for once like insinuating they are not Nascar drivers with their heads forward these are Motorcyclist that actually do a lot of body work around corners and the acceleration of these bikes is really to fast to have some pace car on the track. :badteeth::headshake

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
good job by mat saying that stuff, he is right about someone having to be hurt to fix things.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,124 Posts
:+2:Mladin is right, too bad the riders are being punished for speaking up. Its rediculous, I hope the AMA doesnt go the way of open wheel racing.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
The race official is an asshole, after that ridiculous interview. Could he be any more ignorant. If this is the guy in charge, they are going to have bigger problems, and i think more people need to speak up. I would love to watch the last race's post-race interviews, b/c a lot of the riders' contracts are up and i'm sure some will have a lot of things to say. but, sadly, I believe it's only going to get worse. who knows what the next race and next year will bring.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
the guy was dead set on keeping the car. did you see the reporter leave before the meat head finish answering the question. A lot of people are mad and one has to wonder on how long before the people blow up and take action.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
One of those interviewers was Kevin Schwantz. Here's a link to an interesting read.http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Jul/090707sbpc.htm I love the part where dmg says they're committed to the safety car, and things should improve when the radios become used. If there is a known safer way to do things, shouldn't you be doing them now. Why wait? I agree with mladin, nothing will probably be done until someone gets killed. What a shame.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Where can I watch the actual incident(s)? I've heard all about them, but haven't seen it.
On the TV broadcast they totaly failed to understand the seriousness of what happened, they basically showed the bikes seperated by the pace car in the middle, and were saying how the bikes passed the pace car, that was more what they were concerned with, they never really stressed that they almost ran into the back of it. The same shit happened at Daytona, riders in the back failed to slow for the yellow and caused a pile up.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I hope this is the last season for all the riders to race in this new NASBIKE crap, what was so wrong with how things were run a few years back ??? I hope someone else steps up and brings a real motorcycle race program that will be similar to how WSBK is run.. thats a top notch program...

Cars leading bikes WTF is that shit ?? and who ever heard of rolling starts for roadracing ??? I can not understand why some moron thought of that ???

·
Registered
235 Posts
"I'm not sure what it's going to take to make these people to realize that the pace car doesn't belong in motorcycle racing. We don't have radio communication, we can't see lights, like when your sitting down in a Nascar having a cup of tea while your racing." - Matt Mladin

Holy shit I almost pissed my pants when he said that....

·
Registered
45 Posts
:iamwithst

i don't like mladin and never will that's my choice but he did say some smart things for once like insinuating they are not nascar drivers with their heads forward these are motorcyclist that actually do a lot of body work around corners and the acceleration of these bikes is really to fast to have some pace car on the track. :badteeth::headshake
:+2:

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
"I'm not sure what it's going to take to make these people to realize that the pace car doesn't belong in motorcycle racing. We don't have radio communication, we can't see lights, like when your sitting down in a Nascar having a cup of tea while your racing." - Matt Mladin

Holy shit I almost pissed my pants when he said that....
...cup of tea... I LOL'd too :spit:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts