Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gen 3. Stock except for a slip on. 2nd gear pulls just feel sluggish until the engine starts breathing at 6500- up. Any recommendations or ways to wake this thing up under 6k rpm??? Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Its a small displacement 4-cyl motor, itll take some RPM to get it going. Gut the cat and tune it. You could degree the cams for more low end, but youd give up some top end power for it. Changing the sprockets gets you into a higher RPM at the same speed/gear. Thats the cheapest and easiest option.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I just gutted my cat and gained 50hp.................with 50shot of nos........but it's all the same hahahaha.

Where is the cat gutter president Den33 lol?

·
Registered
198 Posts
gen 3. Stock except for a slip on. 2nd gear pulls just feel sluggish until the engine starts breathing at 6500- up. Any recommendations or ways to wake this thing up under 6k rpm??? Thanks

the only thing that is effective from what I have experienced is changing the gearing. wakes up the lower rpms

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
QUOTE=mattcarp;2552914]gen 3. Stock except for a slip on. 2nd gear pulls just feel sluggish until the engine starts breathing at 6500- up. Any recommendations or ways to wake this thing up under 6k rpm??? Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App[/QUOTE]

Do what BigCat and Op said. I have an 08 and it felt like my old ZX9 had more torque and midrange. All the HP is up top where you'll rarely use it unless you race.

I went down 1 tooth in the front and that helped and just the other day I gutted the headers. They're very restricted. Now its got midrange pull and torque similar to a gen 2. Instead of waiting for 6k and beyond you'll feel the power at 4-4.5k rpms.

You will need a power commander and tune to accommodate the increase in air flow.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts

Where in CT are you? I might be visiting family 45 min outside Hartford and Id be happy to help you get some midrange if you're relatively close.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts