Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got Monday off at work... Anyone in the area down to hit Ortega Hwy like around 10am? Let me know...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Whats up, no one is off on Monday or what? come on! lol

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i have to work.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Why do you hate Ortega?
that stretch of road has a higher car vs bike rate then any other popular riding area in my opinion...palomar and angeles crest both have high bike related accidents but for the most part they involve rider control issues....ortega is still a nice run but its long sweepers allow for higher speeds which i think contribute to this...plus it is a major throughfare for traffic between the inland empire and the coast...i always prefer palomar because you don't get as much car traffic up there especially during the week....

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that stretch of road has a higher car vs bike rate then any other popular riding area in my opinion...palomar and angeles crest both have high bike related accidents but for the most part they involve rider control issues....ortega is still a nice run but its long sweepers allow for higher speeds which i think contribute to this...plus it is a major throughfare for traffic between the inland empire and the coast...i always prefer palomar because you don't get as much car traffic up there especially during the week....
I prefer Angeles Crest myself but I think it's still burning. Glendora Ridge is also a good one.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
where in So. Cal are you? I live in Anaheim and ride with a motly crew...
Hey man were you at the stunt show today in Fullerton? I heard somebody in the crowd say "there's motly crew"

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I wound up starting off by Irvine park. Took Santiango Canyon Rd to Live Oak Canyon Road to Antonio Parkway and then all the way down to Ortega. Took Ortega all the way back to the 5fwy, went to laguna to Top of the World and then came back home. Great ride today! Hopefully some of you guys can make it out some other time. We also did about a 80 mile ride on Sunday with a bunch of guys. I think Im gonna put my bike away until next weekend..... aaah maybe not.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Yo, Cesar... sorry I missed this post! I decided to ride on my Mon off too! Went out to Rim of the World too! But my ride was too short...

From Chino Hills out to Waterman Av up to the canyons was approx 35 miles just to get there. Then some traffic too... and an accident on the wind up the hill up Waterman. Some blue sportbike.. .possible 250 Ninja. Couldn't tell.

Then, on the way home, trying to make up for lost time.. doing some elevated speed... got pulled over by a slick-top CHP car. Female Chippy was professional but terse, telling me I was doing 90+. I acknowledged her politely, included my police ID with my license and she told me she's been pulling over a lot of off-duty coppers lately. She warned me and I was back on my way..

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yo, Cesar... sorry I missed this post! I decided to ride on my Mon off too! Went out to Rim of the World too! But my ride was too short...

From Chino Hills out to Waterman Av up to the canyons was approx 35 miles just to get there. Then some traffic too... and an accident on the wind up the hill up Waterman. Some blue sportbike.. .possible 250 Ninja. Couldn't tell.

Then, on the way home, trying to make up for lost time.. doing some elevated speed... got pulled over by a slick-top CHP car. Female Chippy was professional but terse, telling me I was doing 90+. I acknowledged her politely, included my police ID with my license and she told me she's been pulling over a lot of off-duty coppers lately. She warned me and I was back on my way..

dude... whenever you have a day off hit me up. Im always off Sat and Sun. Weekdays are pretty rare for me, just when im feeling "sick" and call off

1 - 13 of 13 Posts