Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, testing the waters here to see. Im looking to switch things up and try out a new ride. Despite all the advuce and suggestions to have 2 bikes, thats not going to be in the cards for me. So I want to see what this thing will bring in and hopefully send it to a good home instead of just trading it in.

Anyways, info on the bike.

35k miles, Ive owned it since 2300 miles.
-1 sprocket on the front, and its been that way for a while, so Im pretty sure you can take about 3k miles off the odometer for the actual mileage.
Zero Gravity Touring dark smoke windscreen
Hyperpro Steering Damper
Powercommander 5 with GP style Quickshifter
Soupys fully adjustable lowering links
Front Brake System: 08 ZX6R Radial Master Cylinder, HEL stainless Steel Green Brake lines, 08 CBR600RR Calipers with EBC HH pad
Rear Brake has HEL SS Line
EK MVXZ 525 Chain in Green (I have another one, NIB, along with some new Sunstar Sprockets)
Gauge cluster LEDs have been changed to a White/Green scheme.
Boz Gild series slip-on and stock muffler
Pilot Power on the Front, Q3 on the back (and it needs to be replaced)
Oil wasnt changed too long ago, Engine Ice is changed out about 6 months ago, Brake Fluid is Motul that was changed at the same time as the coolant.
Shorai battery that is about a year old.

It has been down once at the strip, Ive repaired and replaced 90% of the damage, the left bar end is still ground down and theres a mark down and dent on the tank from where I think my boot hit. Doesnt look bad, or really all the noticeable. Just full.disclosure on it. It happened over a year ago, Ive been riding the bike since then, 0 problems.

I think Im forgetting stuff. I have other drag setup pieces. A lot of this stuff is also in my sig. Bike is stock wheel base right now.

Feel free to ask questions here or PM me about it.

Havent gone to a dealer yet to see trade value, but NADA and KBB have it listed for trade value around $3200 and private party at something like $4500 so lets just say asking $4k so I can see what happens. Located in the Los Angeles area, more specifically Pasadena.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Adding some pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump. Im gonna give it a week or 2 and then just trade it in.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Shes clean even with being down, lots of extras and a desirable bike. There is always be a buyer for everything but as always it takes time for the right buyer. Did you think about stripping it back to stock and trading it in that way, sell your extras and youll probably get what you're asking a whole lot faster. The only reason i say this is because ive sold a ton of bikes and its rare to ever get what you're asking if you want to sell fast. I just sold a black/white 2013 in october of 2015, I had a ton of extras and all stock parts with 1100 miles on the ODO. It went for $6800.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Bump. Im gonna give it a week or 2 and then just trade it in.
Somebody will come along and snatch it up from you bro because u got it listed for good deal and they geting hard to find in mint shape.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been. Depending on what all is gonna happen through this. If noone is going to pick the bike up, Id probably get the same trade value whether its modded or not. So Ill pull the good stuff off that I can and sell them on the side. Definitely would help to recoop some cash and all. Some of the things I dont have stock parts for unfortunately, like the levers and rearsets. Oh well.

Thank you for the compliments on the bike. I have tried to keep it nice. Been my pride and joy for a few years now. Awesome awesome machine. Thats for sure.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Somebody will come along and snatch it up from you bro because u got it listed for good deal and they geting hard to find in mint shape.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Thanks bro. Hopefully that happens. Im just ready to hop onto a new ride and try something else out, find a new outlook and all. Just rather do it sooner as opposed to later. Impatient. :lol: Ive been thinking about it for too long is all. Hopefully someone jumps in soon.

Reactions: zx racer

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Free bump.to myself.

Anyone want a great Gen 1 before the dealer gets it?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bumpin up. Someone make me an offer, dont miss the chance

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bumpin again. Going to the dealer tomorrow to see their trade-in offer

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still 0 interest? Makes me kinda sad that this thing will end up traded into a dealer.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Still 0 interest? Makes me kinda sad that this thing will end up traded into a dealer.
If you want to remove the PC5 and the shifter I will buy those from you. The dealer won't give a dime more for those things being there or not there. And yes it's sad that no one has jumped on this bike but it takes time for someone to come along that understand what it is and why it's far cooler than the new models. Most people are such piss poor riders they desire and need all the rider aids that the new models have. Don't get me wrong traction control would be cool from time to time but I think a person should know how to manage without that shit before having it and these kids today for the most part haven't ever owned anything without all the rider aids. Just sad really.........And I don't check here ofter so you can email me direct at >>>>>> [email protected] <<<<<<<<<<< Go figure eh

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol theres some truth in that. Unfortunately, I dont even think Im good enough of a rider to make that statement. I do know that I want some rider aids for the street. ABS would make me happy. Traction control, I dont think would help because I dont think Ive used WOT on the street. Only track/strip.

I will for sure keep you in mind about the PC5 and QS and such. Its for GP shift though, just FYI. Everything I have stock parts for, Im going to pull off the thing to trade in since noone seems to want this bad mother

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Make am offer, any offer guys. Id rather see it go to a good home than trade to the dealer. Seriously, any offers are considered.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
If you pull some of the parts off I might be interested in the 08 ZX6R Radial Master Cylinder, HEL stainless Steel Green Brake lines, 08 CBR600RR Calipers with EBC HH pad

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im glad to see that everyones interested in parta. Hopefully I can sell this thing as a whole. Blink, as a headsup, the lines are a couple inches longer than stock and are Kawi Green. They work no issues though.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Im glad to see that everyones interested in parta. Hopefully I can sell this thing as a whole. Blink, as a headsup, the lines are a couple inches longer than stock and are Kawi Green. They work no issues though.
Thanks for the heads up, I don't really need the lines, was more interested in the master and calipers but figured it would be a package deal.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyoooone? I finish school in a couple weeks and want to get back to riding for real.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bumpin this again. I just want to see an offer in the upper 3s for this and Ill sell it. Ive been holding off becsuse Im finishing up classes in a week. But I havent been riding in weeks now. Getting real antsy. Someone come take this to a good home.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts