Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say I come on this site because for the most part the members here are real motorcycle RIDERS . Even though its a model specific forum . Most people here take bikes for what they are . Not the .. if your not riding a zx10 your riding shit ect ect . Or the rider that prays to the motorcycle magazine gods . That is very prevelent in say a GSXR forum and dont even think about trying to speak about any other bike on the MV Agusta site( they are basically pompass asses lol) .Ive owned every Major brand except triumph . And It seems alot of other people on this site have also . I beleive this is what makes this site better than the others

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW for the riders here that picked up cheap Buells lartely HTTP://www.badweatherbikers.com is a Buell site ... they are level headed people who have had many brands like the people here . Dont be afraid to ask questions ect they are very helpfull

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Green is faster. We used to be geared much more toward support of our beloved bikes, we seem to have moved on to fender elims and cans. I don't know if that's related to the fact that when the 10R was new in 04 we had to work the bugs out for the first time, now that we're 3 gens into it, we know the major complaints and downfalls so they're easier to adress.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Because the level of maturity is a bit higher here than any other forums like GSXRs... sometimes lol and we have good fellows here like Jblaze and Shervinnn!:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
969 Posts
:+1::iamwithst:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've noticed people that own zx-10s are a little more mature just because of the fact that its not a bike you buy because of the "cool factor" like a gsxr. People here really do have a love for bikes and have owned many different models. I myself love the KTM RC8, Ducati 1098, Aprilia RSV4(damn that bike is sexy) and even the hayabusa. So even though people here are open to other bikes and own other bikes I think the majority still take a stab at the gsxr squids when they can:lol:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
when i think of kawasaki i also think that the majority of us ride to ride. I love certain things about almost every bike out there, just kawi happens to be my brand of choice. im not really on any other brand specific forum so i cant say how they are, but i can imagine that the gsxr board would be painful to look at.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I've noticed people that own zx-10s are a little more mature just because of the fact that its not a bike you buy because of the "cool factor" like a gsxr. People here really do have a love for bikes and have owned many different models. I myself love the KTM RC8, Ducati 1098, Aprilia RSV4(damn that bike is sexy) and even the hayabusa. So even though people here are open to other bikes and own other bikes I think the majority still take a stab at the gsxr squids when they can:lol:
Of course....when opportunity presents itself they are game... :mrgreen::thefinger
other then that I agree with you.

Oh yeah and to the thread starter... congrats on a great choice... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you louis , everyone . If your ever in the Phlia area next summer get in touch . wwe can go riding . ill let you ride the racebikes around my neiborhood . Or the other bikes I have . i ordered a Aprilla RVS4 but then had to decline AWSOME bike but I realized It was just too dam small . im 6-4 250lbs long body short legs .....BTW http://www.mvagusta.net they have the award for the biggest group of assholes ever assembled on one forum . Go take a look at there posts . You can read between the lines and see guys with big houses , a Porche in the driveway , dam near bankrupt yet still playing rich man wannabe ... this isnt jelousy . Im the guy with regular house old car but ... not to sound pompass myself .. im pretty well off. That still has calloused hands and dig ditches ect . I guess ill never get rid of that poor kid mentality lol

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is a perfect example though ... the guys on this site that own MV Agustas where very nice down to earth people . They told it like it is . When I asked about the F4 312 they said it was a good bike . But no better than there zx10. They where honest and said they bought the bike for its looks ... No bullshit honest answer

·
Registered
843 Posts
BTW for the riders here that picked up cheap Buells lartely HTTP://www.badweatherbikers.com is a Buell site ... they are level headed people who have had many brands like the people here . Dont be afraid to ask questions ect they are very helpfull

For real??? When I sold my Buell and got all different jap bikes over the years, they bashed the hell outta them! If it's not a Buell, you are ostracized for buying a "cookie cutter" bike! Blake runs the forum like it's a buncha children on it... Always gotta be careful what you say on that site... I say good-fuckin'- riddance Buells!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Flapjak??????????? im lost on that ??? most of the people on there have japanese bikes . Ive seen people say they bought one because they wanted something different thats true . Blake Himself does rub alot of people the wrong way on MANY issues . This site is very open to other brands but even here we have the newbie rider with the view of .. if your not riding a kawasaki all the other brands are crap . Blake owns the website . So I think hes a bit more phanatical to say the least .

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
i love other bikes, but currently can only afford a kawasaki.... id love to own one of everything, but...

:zx_green: is still the fastest :mrgreen:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Man I don't even a kawasaki, however first bike was a 03 636. Now I'm on a gsxr that I got pretty cheap . I would like to get a zx10r but I don't need the extra payments. I am always reading the wera forums but hardly post there.
Same goes for this place. I rarely ever read the forums at gixxer .com

·
Registered
312 Posts
For real??? When I sold my Buell and got all different jap bikes over the years, they bashed the hell outta them! If it's not a Buell, you are ostracized for buying a "cookie cutter" bike! Blake runs the forum like it's a buncha children on it... Always gotta be careful what you say on that site... I say good-fuckin'- riddance Buells!
I would imagine the Buell owners mentality would be about the same as HD's given it's pseudo American image. The same tired old cliches' directed against all makes but they're own blah blah blah. Predictable and boring :badteeth:.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Astrosled no, if I say the people there have multi brand you can bet on it . I dislike the person who is one brand minded . You can usually count on them being an moron . If not they would realize that today for the most part, all the brands are good . Gone are the days of ride - fix -ride - fix. And if you think about it a Buell is a long time riders bike . Not a newbies Bike .

·
Registered
276 Posts
its not a bike you buy because of the "cool factor" like a gsxr. :
Well put sir!! I can totally agree. The ZX10 is by the rider for the rider and not all about the rider. (if that makes since)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts