Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
KTM Superduke *pics*

Who has ridden one? I am looking at an 08 with 950 miles right now. Soon as my V strom sells, I may pull the trigger.
I want to know your impressions of the bike if you've been on it.

Edit*

Well I made an offer on one about three hours away last week. He didn't take the offer so I decided to wait till spring before looking for a new bike since my V strom still hasn't sold.
So Monday he sends me an email saying he'll accept my offer. I drove to Walla Walla WA last night after work and took it for a spin. I came back with a big grin on my face and I told him he had a deal.

Bike is an 08 that he picked up in July of this year. It only has 962 miles on it and looks right out of the showroom. Came with the "race kit" which consists of bobbins, steering dampener, stands, and reverse shift pattern. I gave 7,100.00 for it.

I'm heading out riding now but when I get back, I'll try and post up some pictures of the new ride. So far the bike handles great. I'm very impressed.

I just got back from riding in the rain, bike is dirty now and the pics are horrible, but you get the idea. I'll get some better pics when I have some time.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Never rode a superduke but if its anything like the rc8 I give it:+1:

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Why the Superduke??? Don't like the new 2010 CB1000 from Honda or the new Kawasaki Z1000???

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why the Superduke??? Don't like the new 2010 CB1000 from Honda or the new Kawasaki Z1000???
Hadn't looked at the CB, but the Z has a hint of KLR that bothers me :) Actually I did look at the Z1000 a little bit. Possible choice. The twin calls to me though.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
do it!! I haven't rode one but I went on a 400 mile ride with one in our group and with the right rider, that is a very capable bike! He had a full akra on it and that thing sounded so sweet. Looking at his body postion and seeing him keep up with everyone in the pack no problem(1000rr's, R1's, gixxers 750's and 1000's and my 10, and a busa fartin along behind us, lol), really has me thinkin of one as well. I say go for it!!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yamadak13 GREAT BIKE !! if I didnt already have a great handling twin sportbike in my Buell 1125R I would have bought it on the spot . Tons of bottom end and the handling is better than my ZX10 or buddies Gixxer. The handling is very quick and light set ups more trackbike than most . But after you get used to it your ahead of the game . Also KTM has been discounting them heavily so if it doesnt come with a steering stabilizer you can get a GPR unit and have the best of both worlds(you can afford it being the leftovers are going for 7500-8000 new ) Im 6-4 250lbs and my son is 6-8 280lbs so I did buy a new KTM990 adventure as my all around versitile bike and suprisingly it turned out to be a fantastic touring bike . IMHO the superduke is also a looker . Since KTM jumped into the streetbike arena they seeminly havent turned a wrong wheel yet. Ive bought about 15 bikes this last year seing which ones i want to Perminatly keep. (long story ) ... BTW im going to commit blastphmy lol.. but test ride both the buell 1125R and the XB12R Firebolt. test rides are FREE and they are 2 more great handling bottom end grunt motorcycles that are going for 8000$ new (leftovers ) all 3 bikes handle extreamly well the best being the XB12R firebolt ( Suprised? LOL) next the 1125R then the Super Duke . But really they are all are so good its a personal prefferance choise . Try them all so not to cheat yourself

·
Registered
890 Posts
Dam you guys are making me worry about taking my 990 adventure out this winter . i ride all winter because iof pinched nerves in back . Cars hurt back having legs forward

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've ridden the 990 Superduke on several occasions, the last time was on my vacation this year in Italy(www.stradanova.com) where I rented it for 4 days. I got to ride from Florence to Pisa, and clocked in some over 300km with it.
I just love the bike, I almost bought one in 2006 when the local Kawasaki dealer had the demo day of Kwaks and KTMS. They said they would not sell the KTM due to the bad quality etc etc. But I still think the bike is worth buying.
A more agile and hooligan bike you should look along time to match.

·
GEN II Driver
2,894 Posts
rode one for about 30 minutes out of the ktm dealership in ramona a while back. looks cool but totally rides like a dirt bike with a bit more balls. too expensive and fun factor was low imo. pass...

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
The KTM is a bad machine. Our local shop owner has that bike and rails on it at the track,

I have the Duc Hypermotard and LOVE IT!! I really like the new Z1K... Man o man I want that bike!

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I would still buy a Ducati Hypermotard ( The new 2010 796 is tits) over the KTM Superduke... Real dirt bike pegs, no rearset...Looks 10X better and soud is legendary. If you end up buying a Ktm...Buy the R model and Akrapovic is a must.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Bad example is correct . The R models have MANY internal(engine, drivetrain +cooling) upgrades. Differance in cost is minimal if any . The Superduke I rode was an R model

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
I think the 796 Hyper is cool, but my 1100 is still under powered in my opinion. I'd be afraid to get a 796.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm hearing rumors that I can pick up a leftover one from the KTM shop for about what I'm looking at paying for the used one. None of the KTM dealers around here have any and won't get any. Where is the best place to find leftover bikes. Just start calling dealers?
I've got to get rid of my V strom so I can pick one up. Selling a gun, a scope and a bike, I hope the bike is as good as I am hearing. :)

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
I'm hearing rumors that I can pick up a leftover one from the KTM shop for about what I'm looking at paying for the used one. None of the KTM dealers around here have any and won't get any. Where is the best place to find leftover bikes. Just start calling dealers?
I've got to get rid of my V strom so I can pick one up. Selling a gun, a scope and a bike, I hope the bike is as good as I am hearing. :)
Yes, starting calling dealers and ask what they have left over. I've raked in some good deals over the years just spending a little time on the horn.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts