Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yup I would be digging into a brand new bike myself. I am not that savvy with doing the work myself but I may be to get by and make it a winter project. I will keep you in mind when I get started on this.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sure no problem. The first thing is to understand the wiring of the new light. Those guys don't provide much information upfront but the instructions will be detailed. Looking at their website, their headlight assemble comes with DRL lights, and projector beams. The projector beams will plug into your headlight that part is straightforward. There will be a small switch to turn the low beam ON. you can mount it somewhere where you can access it easily. The DRLs will have separate wiring that would need to be tapped into the bike's ignition wiring. Near the tail of our bikes, there is a wire that is for the tail light. you can tap into that one. The Red and black will be power and ground. So once you figured all that out. The next step is to unbolt the side fairings, the tank cover, and the front fairing. The video link I posted has other videos when you click on that one. So follow those. I would do it very slowly and take pictures/videos.
One annoying thing is to remember where to put all those bolts. What I do is to bag each fairing (for example) bolts together and label them. if you need additional help, just pm me and I will respond.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts