Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
****UPDATE!!!!!!! KR Tuned FS 3rd Gen? TITANIUM

sup guys i need some help making a decision....

KR Tuned Full Titanium system

or

Akrapovic Race Carbon System.....difference between the two systems is $404 bucks....with all the deals i can find...

what to do, what to do....please give me your opinion.

KR Tuned

Akrapovic

5-F

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I don't think that is a rebadged Arrow full system for the ZX10R as the pipe routing looks completely different from the one that Arrow sells.

KR knows a thing or two about tuning motors as they have the engineering know how of years of developing GP race bikes. Whether they use their engineering knowledge is debatable.

In the video, that ZX10R is suffering from an exhaust leak somewhere because it sounds terrible.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
If you look at their can design its alot like jardine, whatever, I do think they are manufactured by another brand and rebranded. I would put them up with brands like Yosh (USA), M4, FMF, Muzzy, Jardine, Hindle, Micron, etc, not top level stuff, but not far off of your Akra, Arrow, and Arats, etc.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If one uses Google I think you will find it is Arrow and it allows KR to claim they are made in the UK, heart of MOTO GP country. Nothing wrong with ARROW. But then again, it is the internet where 98% of what you read is a lie, hoax, or purposeful deception. IE, in other words, not true.

I am trying to remember but back when Honda was racing the RC-51 in AMA Superbike they were running Jardine labels on another brand can. Can't remember which brand at the moment but it came out and was later exposed and was quite embarrassing for Jardine at the time.

Nevertheless of who actually makes them, I would definitely give that KR Tuned a go at the $750.00 asking price. :thumbsup:

MM i think you are right!!! I believe that you hit it on the dot....i do know accoring to this video about KR Tuned that they have a european company make it...(hence is probably why you came sayign that Arrow makes them)...who know and who cares im gonna think it over tonight and maybe ill order it in the morning....lol

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Arrow are made in Italy, maybe they are Arrow, watch this video, they say "Italian welds" several times.
You would think they would advertise that fact if its true, Arrow are top notch.
Notice they mention their Moto GP Exhaust is made of Inconell (My Beet System is Inconell)

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
I have a half system for my 07 that I haven't installed yet. lol. The box says Made In Italy. Quality wise, it is very well crafted and noticeable light compared to the stock cans.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I asked the question on youtube, the originator of the video, did infact confirm they are made by Arrow. But they do indeed look to be of a original design, not Arrows.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I asked the question on youtube, the originator of the video, did infact confirm they are made by Arrow. But they do indeed look to be of a original design, not Arrows.
can you show us the msg? or shoot me a link i gotta see this

·
Registered
819 Posts
SS will actually net more power because it holds heat better, however it is a little heavier than Ti. Ups and Downs to everything:thumbsup:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
can you show us the msg? or shoot me a link i gotta see this
It's in the comments on the video i posted, Sportbiketrackgear, the poster of the video is a big racing parts house BTW, pretty respectable place, I do not think he would just pull Arrow out of the air if it were not true.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I am trying to remember but back when Honda was racing the RC-51 in AMA Superbike they were running Jardine labels on another brand can. Can't remember which brand at the moment but it came out and was later exposed and was quite embarrassing for Jardine at the time.
:
they used akra's with Jardine labels.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a KR Tuned on my 07 and love it. I just did a ride by video today but there was to much traffic on the road so it did not come out to good. If you like I can post it up on you tube then post here. But it is the duel canisters not single.
yeah man that would be way cool!!!! leme know

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well guys i guess i screwed up....SON OF A B****...THE PLACE THAT HAD THE EXHAUST I GUESS ALREADY SOLD OUT ON IT....MY LOSS...IM UPSET ABOUT IT BUT IM THINKING IT WAS GODS WAY OF TELL ME NOT TO BUY IT...OR AT LEAST IM HOPING....THIS RUIEND MY NIGHT

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a KR Tuned on my 07 and love it. I just did a ride by video today but there was to much traffic on the road so it did not come out to good. If you like I can post it up on you tube then post here. But it is the duel canisters not single.
Thanks

I always like arrow's sound I guess that is why I like it so much. Besides IMO it looks better with the end cap.

Hey Dawg its not 750. but http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/kr%20tuned%20full%20zx10r%2008.htm has it for 899.
hmmm ill have to e-mail them...thanks for keeping an eye out for my brother....is yours a full system or what...BTW I THINK YOU BIKE SOUNDED GREAT TO ME....I LOVED IT.. power wise what did you notice...details man details

1 - 20 of 41 Posts