Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'07 rider here. I've been away from home for quite a while so most of my bike knowledge has escaped me. But anywho, I decided to fix my bike back up and start riding again, but have recently came into an issue that I'm not entirely sure exactly what it is.

So there's knocking that comes from the bottom of bike, sounds like 2 chunks of metal slapping against each other, but it only happens when I accelerate. If I'm cruising at a steady speed, it isn't present.

It starts off slow and gets faster like "clack.... clack.... clack. clack. clack clack clackclack" so I'm sure it's coming from the drive somewhere rather than the engine. It actually sounds like it's coming from right below me, somewhere around the chain or so.

I checked the chain out, and there doesn't seem to only but about half an inch of play, so it seems like it's on there nice and tight. Any ideas?

-Thanks

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
possible cam chain. I can report on the g4 I responded as you, thinking chain. To me the sound was an imagined rock stuck in the chain. I looked and had rocks all over front sprock. Tested, sound there but less. My clicks was on slow take off from stop. Radiator leaking so took to dealer and he said the above problem is cam chain.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Drain the oil look for any metal shavings to rule out if the problem is internal.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
What do your sprockets look like? You might run the bike on stands and pinpoint the location of the noise if everything looks good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts