Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so when i turn it on it idles and keeps randomly knocking and the rpms spike about 200 each time that happens. any idea what could be wrong with it? no engine light.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Valve cover wouldn't have anything to do with fuel in oil. Most likely a head gasket.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

changed the oil just before the video and it doesn't seem to have fuel in it, must have been my imagination.

ha i kicked one of my empty beer bottles at the end XD. got pissed off by the unusual idle and started drinking.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Make sure the coil caps are aligned properly. They are lines on top of cap and on valve cover. Sounds like it is mis firing and dumping fuel.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it might be the spark plugs, the service manual fails to mention that you must screw in the coil plug not push it down. i pushed them down which strip the threading on the top of the spark plugs. going to the store now to buy new ones to see if it fixes it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cleaned the throttle body with 99% isopropyl alcohol, replaced the spark plugs and cleaned out the coil packs with 99% isopropyl alcohol. installed them at the correct angle and it seems to be running correctly now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts