Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
an aftermarket filter will be worth it in the long run as u dont have to buy but One
weather it be K&N, BMC, Pipercross.
Been hearing K&N does not fit well and some other complaints
BMC is the the one Most people have theres 2 versions Race and Street the race version has less layers to flow more air(fromwhat i read)
I have Pipercross, Just to be diff. also has a race/street version

·
Registered
201 Posts
I will always buy an after market air filter. Mainly for more air flow and they can be used over and over again. Most guys (including myself) are running the BMC air filter on their 10's. I personally have never had any problems with K&N though. I run them on all my other toys/vehicles. It's personal preference. A must have in my book.....

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
....the reason i am asking, I am taking it in to have it lowered, and I thought I would get the oil and filter changed at the same time, before riding starts.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
....the reason i am asking, I am taking it in to have it lowered, and I thought I would get the oil and filter changed at the same time, before riding starts.
Thanks
the main advantage is that atleast both k and n and bmc are both re-usable but ive read where the k and n flows less than stock, go with with the bmc street or race imho

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
this shouldve been a poll. first things first, you cant go wrong w a $30 stock filter theyre great but not reusable. thats why it would be smart to replace it w a reusable filter such as bmc. screw k&n.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The only reason I bought a K&N filter was because the dealer was out of stock filters and the K&N were actually cheaper

Ken

·
Registered
62 Posts
I only use stock filters. I've used BMC and K&N...like BD stated, OEM works very well unless you change your filter many times per season...which isn't very likely. Cheers!

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I only use stock filters. I've used BMC and K&N...like BD stated, OEM works very well unless you change your filter many times per season...which isn't very likely. Cheers!
that what they said at the dealer too, so I will probably just replace it with the OEM Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts