Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if someone else has got into this type of mod in detail...
I have done this mod before on my 2000 zx12r. The vacuum of the crankcase doesnt work because the pump doesnt create near enough vacuum that it needs to(create extra hp in a neg pressure environment) but..........there are benefits to a similar mod...Cap off the kleen air system with a couple copper pipe connectors between both rubber elbows(turned in toward each other)and a same sized hose. Then remove the kleen air pump and rest of the stuff along with it. Cap off any(the 12 had a small vac line)other vacuum lines(that were attched to the pump) and remove the crackcase vent out of the airbox(cap that hole into the box) and re-route it somewhere else(I put mine under my seat on the 12)with a pod style oiled air filter attatched to the crankcase vent hose(this stops any impurities from getting sucked into the crank). What this does is take all of the HOT DIRTY(HP robbing)gases out of the intake(airbox). This mod doesnt give you anymore hp but it does make it so you do not lose hp when the bike is hot and running on those hot days. When my 12 was very warm and @ idle...If I had my seat off and would rev it up a bit you could see all that DIRTY HOT white smoke rolling out of that pod filter under my seat. At least it wasnt entering my "clean fresh air intake" anymore. Again this mod would not pass emission standards(thats why it helps!!!!). You would be surprised how much hp you lose in and from the heat. Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
My 12 picked up 4 HP from the vac mod. This was done within 15 minutes of each pull. Just long enough to hook everything back up and pull it again. Seen it for myself and my dyno operator nearly fell over. Although I don't think the position of the vac hole in the exhaust port of the 10 is as good for this as the 12. I blocked it off and put on a pod filter liike you stated above and YES it does puff out some mess.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts