Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
141 - 145 of 145 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
For anyone interested in building your own kit harness P/N 26031-2113 the wiring diagram in the kit manual is missing one critical component, and has a couple mislabeled items.

A 100 ohm resistor must be installed or the ECU will not prime the fuel pump, fire the injectors or ignition. No code will be thrown so finding this was a pain in the ass. It was likely intentionally left out of the diagram, and the resistor is used to identify the KRT harness to the ECU.

As for the other mistakes in the diagram joint connector CAN H shows a black with yellow wire, this is incorrect and should be labeled grey with blue. As well the primary and secondary injectors are labeled backwards. All the other connections are correct as shown, most changes from the stock harness are in the power distribution. Hopefully I can save another ambitious person some headache on their own project.

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Pattern

· Registered
10 Posts
Hello. We have winter and snow here, so i have time to update kit software from 1.0 to 1.1. Would you guys like to imform me, which qs kill times you prefer to be a good starting point? As i have read, engine brake will chance too, does anyone know how much i should chance value to get same level as 1.0 softwate?
I know, at the track is best place to make setup. But here at northern europe, track season starts at first or second week of may, when weather gets warmer.

· Registered
30 Posts
When does your race season start/end in Finland? What's it called?

Ignition cut time ranges 0 to 50 ms and honestly the 50 is still pretty short. 30 and below and it shifts hard.

Shift down control level ranges 1 to 5 and none of them are great. I really could not feel much of a difference in this range at all and settled on 1 because there seemed to be a small benefit over setting 5. Disappointed in the range of values because it's almost like it's not blipping in any of the settings. My setup using 1.0 software was at 3 and worked better, it blipped a healthy one each downshift. Maybe someone knows how to correct this?

Engine braking I had set to 9 in 1.0 and 1.1, but in 1.1 it feels like more engine braking. I don't typically like a lot of engine braking but it works ok, this is where I'll spend more time next time I can test. Honestly I need to test the other settings again too, I really did not notice much of a difference in them over the range of values. I feel like the settings are all a lot closer together in 1.1 so the adjustability is less.

141 - 145 of 145 Posts