Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
121 - 140 of 145 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, I need help with my 2020 zx10r kit wire harness install. What do I do with connector off positive batter cable? There isn’t a connector for this on kit harness. I got harness and ecu via Graves.

Attachments

· Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Yeah, I'm running my 2016-18 kit loom and ecu on my 2020. No problem. Since 2020 has a higher rev limit, I upped my overrev values to match.

But definitely now curious to see how 2020 kit ecu and 2.0 will perform. Most important,I wonder if I can transfer my fuel map values from 1.1 to 2.0. It's a good map and why develop another on a dyno if I don't have to.
FYI just got back from a weekend testing my 2020 with 2020 Kit ECU and associated 2.0 software, I can definitely say that the wheelie control is greatly improved over 16-18. The 2020 bike will loft the front wheel about 6-10 inches in 2nd gear accelerating out of last turn at road atlanta and hold it there until next upshift, my 16 would keep raising the front wheel to the point where i would have to modulate the throttle manually. My friends who was riding his 16 with 1.0 kit software said the same, he couldn't rely solely on the wheelie control out of the last turn

· Registered
26 Posts
Hello guys, just wondering if any of you has used the 2.0 software on the older 16-18 kit ECU? already ordered a new 19-20 kit ECU with the 2.0 software & if somebody can confirm the 2.0 software works on the older kit ECU it would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Anyone with 19-20 or 21 kit ecu that has experience tuning the ETV parameters, can you explain the 0-300% ETV range to me in layman's terms? The 16-18 with it's 50-100% range made complete sense to me, but the 2.0 software and it's 0-300 range is a bit confusing. The base map comes with the entire table populated with 300, and I'm not sure how to interpret kawasaki's explanation of how to tune it. Setting a value below 100% I interpret as the usual limiting of the throttle plate opening vs grip opening, but what exactly does it mean when I set it to 140% or 250% vs the base 300% value? Currently I've been racing on the OEM 300% value everywhere, and according to my data it is a 1:1 relationship between TPS and Grip position, surprisingly it's very manageable and not at all what I would have expected a 1:1 ratio would have felt like based upon what other people say.
Font Rectangle Number Circle Screenshot

· Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Anyone with 19-20 or 21 kit ecu that has experience tuning the ETV parameters, can you explain the 0-300% ETV range to me in layman's terms? The 16-18 with it's 50-100% range made complete sense to me, but the 2.0 software and it's 0-300 range is a bit confusing. The base map comes with the entire table populated with 300, and I'm not sure how to interpret kawasaki's explanation of how to tune it. Setting a value below 100% I interpret as the usual limiting of the throttle plate opening vs grip opening, but what exactly does it mean when I set it to 140% or 250% vs the base 300% value? Currently I've been racing on the OEM 300% value everywhere, and according to my data it is a 1:1 relationship between TPS and Grip position, surprisingly it's very manageable and not at all what I would have expected a 1:1 ratio would have felt like based upon what other people say. View attachment 450533
Update on this - feedback from a very knowledgable person that works at Kawasaki -

"Basically you are asking for a percentage of the underlining base map. 100% means you are getting exactly what the base map is. 300% is the maximum you can open the ETV at anytime but it will never go beyond a 1:1 ETV/actual throttle ratio. I have seen some guys run their ETV at 300% across the board because they want that 1:1 feeling through all RPMs. Personally I think there are better ways to do the ETV mapping.

The 21/22 has a different throttle body and uses an updated version of the kit software (V.3.0). I've built some maps for the 21 to help with initial throttle opening. You need to retard the ignition timing on cylinders 2 and 3 plus play around with the ETV percentages to really dial in the throttle smoothness.

I would start with the ETV at 100% across all RPMs and only change the #2/3 ignition timing in the RPM range you start to pick up the throttle. Once that's feeling good you can start opening up the ETV percentages where you feel like you need it to have more aggressive acceleration."

· Registered
30 Posts
Doesn't look like anyone answered, can you run 2.0 with the 16-18 kit ECU?

I'm still running 1.0, maybe I missed it but what were the improvements between 1.0 and 1.1? Is it true that you cannot use a 1.0 map with the 1.1 software, and if not what work needs to be done to transcribe if that's possible? If 2.0 does not work, is it worth upgrading the '16 bike to the newer ECU so you can run the newer software?

My main problems right now are wheelie control and hesitation on upshifts even though my cut time already seems low at 15 ms.

· Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Doesn't look like anyone answered, can you run 2.0 with the 16-18 kit ECU?

I'm still running 1.0, maybe I missed it but what were the improvements between 1.0 and 1.1? Is it true that you cannot use a 1.0 map with the 1.1 software, and if not what work needs to be done to transcribe if that's possible? If 2.0 does not work, is it worth upgrading the '16 bike to the newer ECU so you can run the newer software?

My main problems right now are wheelie control and hesitation on upshifts even though my cut time already seems low at 15 ms.
main advantage of 1.1 over 1.0 is the fix they made with simultaneous TC intervention and QS functionality. With 1.0 if you’re exiting a corner and try to grab an up shift while the TC is intervening it won’t allow you to shift (won’t produce the ignition cut required to grab next gear). 1.1 fixes that. Just recently upgraded my friends 2016 from 1.0 to 1.1 because he was having issues short shifting to 3rd gear going up to the crest of turn 4 at barber Motorsports park. He would have to delay his shift until after the crest and the tire regained grip. With the upgrade he was able to short shift just fine while the TC was managing the rear tire.

Along with the 1.1 upgrade is a wider range of engine brake tuning and autoblip aggressiveness.

When upgrading a computer from 1.0 to 1.1 your map is retained, but you will need to adjust the qs kill time and EB levels as those are changed in the underlying base map that is t visible to the end user. These setting changes are outlined in the release notes/ instructions with the 1.1 software.

I haven’t heard of anyone upgrading their 16-18 kit ecu to the 19-20 2.0 software spec. Main thing I noticed with 2.0 on my 2020 bike is improved wheelie control

· Registered
4 Posts
The pros (just to name a few)
You can change just the KRT settings or KRT and the base maps with Ftecu. This includes traction and wheelie base maps.

Active tune - Close loop fueling runs in the ecu so you have system that ignores the false readings during rider aid strategies that cause piggyback log boxes to record errors in fueling suggestions.

The race team software has an excellent data streem for pro level tuning.

The con
You must have internet when making the changes.

Yes it is possible to overwrite the FTECU software by using the KRT software. However there is no reason to do this because the KRT tuning maps are in the FTECU software.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Hey, new here. I'm building up a 2016 bike, and I have the KRT ECU. I talked to FTecu, they don't have any software listed and the person I'm in contact with says they have no products to work with the KRT stuff. Do you have part numbers or a contact for the FTecu stuff?

121 - 140 of 145 Posts